Looking back on 2010

As so many bloggers are doing, I wanted to take a look back at this year and some of my best posts or life events. When I was trying to brainstorm what really happened this year, I couldn't think of much until I went back to my archives.

One thing I love about blogging (in addition to the amazing community), is the ability it allows me to capture moments in life and keep them online to look back on. A paper journal couldn't hold a candle to a blog in this department. So for what it's worth, here's a quick recap of some of the highs (and lows) of 2010.

In 2010, I ...

gave my 30 day notice to my landlord and officially moved in with the manfriend. As they say, things got more serious.

planned a weekend getaway with a bunch of my high school girlfriends. We will soon be repeating this trip on MLK weekend in the exact same cabin as we rented last year!

brought you lots of Fun Fact Friday posts on fashion, my inner most thoughts and Movember.

rode another 75 mile supported bike ride (by myself...ahem, manfriend)

dealt with some hammy issues during my Portland Marathon training. Luckily, I decided I still loved running.

drove down the 101 through the Redwoods with the manfriend to see two good friends from college get hitched in Monterey.

packed up and flew off to Nashville to see Kristin and Barley.

baked up some delicious treats

ran my 5th full marathon (and 2nd Portland Marathon) in pouring.down.rain. and met up with two fabulous blogger friends to boot!

After looking back through my archives and being reminded of all these events, epic weekends, and fond memories, I'm realizing 2010 was jam packed with greatness. I can only hope the next year will bring more of the same and some interesting challenges as well.

I have some more scheming to do for my 2011 goals so I'll let you know once I've got that figured out. Hopefully, it will be sometime before 2012. ;)

Now go ahead, try it. Click back through a few months of your 2010 archives. Tell me one or two good surprises you forgot about. And, what are you most looking forward to in the year to come?

Comments

Gracie said…
You're right, blogging is like a public journal! Happy New Year!
Aw, 2010 was a great year for you! Meeting you was definitely one of my top moments as well. Some of my top moments were PR'ing the marathon, booking my apartment for Paris (insert squeel of excitement), Julia Child night at my aunt's, and becoming an aunt to my 2 friends' babies in December!

Happy New Year to you and the manfriend!
I had so much fun going through my iPhoto and remembering, too :) Looks like your 2010 was pretty fabulous... Happy New Year!

Sues
Amber said…
You did have a great year! 2011 will be even better I think ;)
Aron said…
sounds like a fantastic year!
Whew, you guys traveled a lot! Love all the pics, and still can't believe you 1) rode 75 miles (ouch) and 2) ran in that rain for 26.2! Tough girl :)

After posting my photo recap I realized a few BIG things I forgot about - some races and the whole trip to Chicago! Ha, this past year was just too crazy. Here's to a more settled and forward-moving 2011...

Popular Posts