Determined or Crazy?

I'm not really sure so you'll have to tell me.

Tonight after work, I dug into my workout bag to find two right running shoes. The first thing I thought was "um, helpful." It was too late to run home and make it back to the track for our Thursday night SPEED workout so I just headed home feeling a little frustrated.

Determined not to miss my run, I layered on the running clothes, found a left shoe and ventured out into the rain with two purposes. 1. Run 5-6 miles and 2. Purchase pumpkin and cheese for tonight's dinner

It was raining pretty hard, but I just got my run on for about 4 miles until heading into the store. I won't lie, I definitely got a few crazy looks for walking around the store in drenched running clothes.

This is what determined/crazy looks like.

I finished nearly 6 miles in 49:40 with a few fast miles of 7:38 and 7:22 before I told myself to scale it back a bit. The run home was fairly dry (albeit awkward carrying a can of pumpkin and bag of cheese) until the last 5 minutes when the sky just opened up.

It was kind of a cleansing feeling with the rain just pouring down on me. Here's to a happy Friday! This has been a hell of a week. What are your plans for the weekend?

Oh and in case you were wondering, I made pumpkin black bean enchiladas. I followed this recipe. It was pretty good, but not out of this world.

Readers Poll: A friend and I are planning to bake holiday goodies together. What are your favorite holiday cookies or treats to make or eat? So far, I've thought of berry thumbprint cookies, peanut butter blossoms, gingerbread men...

Comments

liz said…
OMG the weather was horrible today, I think you're crazy. Crazy awesome!!
Um you totally need some chocolate on your list, it's simply unacceptable.
I feel like after running a marathon in the rain, I can do any run in the rain now. You know? I used to use that as an excuse to not run in the past but I don't think I will anymore. Good for you for getting out there and getting a good run in, despite the weather conditions! I skipped the gym last night and went to a friend's house to meet her 3 week old baby girl. So fun to hold her!!

My favorite holiday treats are sugar cookies, gingerbread men, and peanut butter blossoms! Happy baking!!!
Kerry said…
Neither crazy or determined. That's what an Oregonian runner looks like. If you're not willing to get wet, you're not going to run, especially this winter! Yesterday was nuts!
Denise said…
I am new to your blog (I found it via Healthy Living Blogs), and I have a recipe for delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Pumpkin/chocolate chip is basically the best combination ever, I think. And the cookies are only 107 calories each, which makes it completely okay to have eighteen at a time.
Puppy Chow!! Definitely my fave :)
And peppermint bark. YUM.

Definitely determined/crazy in the very best way. The East Coast taught me to totally embrace the raining-run, it's very refreshing :)
Run Jess Run said…
Russian Tea Cakes are a family tradition (we call them Snowballs). Lots of fun with powdered sugar!
Raquelita said…
That is some dedication to both working out and to dinner! Gingerbread men are my favorite holiday treat!
Tricia said…
ha! crazy awesome :)
That is too funny! I've gone on a run once before and stopped at the grocery store to pick up 4 ears of corn. Luckily I was only about a mile from home because it was so ackward carrying them.

Popular Posts