The friendly skies

Oy vey! We woke up this morning at 3:30 AM (if you could call that morning) to catch our flight. After taking public transportation from my brother's apartment to the airport, checking our bags and going through security, we're now safely seated at Starbucks.

A perfect oatmeal w/ all the toppings and a banana from home was the perfect breakfast. And let's not forget some coffee (for him) and orange blossom tea (for her). Now we're just watching weary pajama-clad travelers mosey through the airport.

I'll check back in later on during our trip with fun Chicago photos, hopefully. But for now, I'll leave you with this: when we get on the plane and are taking off, I'm going to surprise the manfriend with a digital camera! I'm pretty sure he has no clue. We weren't really getting presents for each other this year because we bought our plane tickets to the midwest.

I'll let ya know how it goes! Hope your week is going well. My two day week was surprisingly productive and not too rough.

Have you ever surprised someone with an exciting gift?

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Amber said…
Awww that's so cute!

Take lots of pics and have a FABULOUS time. XO
Unknown said…
That sounds like a great gift. What kind of camera is it? I got the boy a Wii that now lives at my house and is barely used. I'm typically pretty practical when it comes to gifts. Have a safe trip.
Oh fun! I bet he will love the camera!

Have a safe and fabulous trip together! Enjoy seeing all the freaking snow we have in this part of the country!!!
Kayla said…
I didn't realize you were coming to Chicago! Are you staying long? I have like two weeks off over the holidays, maybe we could meet up.
Laura said…
Merry Christmas! Hope your travels go smoothly.
The manfriend was really excited about his gift! It will be great for him to have a camera for vacations and on his bike rides.

Kayla, we're only here two nights and then taking the train over to Michigan. I hope you have a fabulous Christmas!
How fun! Reading above, I see that he liked it! I surprised D with a Long-sleeved lightweight shirt from lulu. He's always wearing cotton to yoga...blech. ;)

Hope you guys have fun in the Midwest!! This will be the first time in 6 years that I'm Not in an airport around Christmas...fingers crossed the roads are survivable in southern Colorado...
Heather- yes, breathable clothing for any workout is pretty much a requirement for me. Occasionally, on a short spring run I might wear a cotton shirt, but otherwise it's something that wicks sweat. I'm sure he'll enjoy the lulu! Have a fun drive!

Popular Posts