Meeeeerry Christmas!

We are enjoying some cozy downtime in the manfriend's parent's house watching Christmas movies (and ESPN), smelling the sweet scents of holiday cookies and chatting.

Yesterday, after arriving and napping to try to revive myself in this new time zone, I decided to hit the streets for a little run. I felt so tired (almost drunk like), the freezing wind on my face and the ice and snow under my feet was just what I needed. Finished off 5 or so miles in 43 minutes.

This morning, we both wanted to get out for another run to ward off those treats we'll be consuming today. After some coffee and a cookie, we headed out into the cold.

My legs were really feeling it after the past two days of pavement runs and long, busy days. We called it quits a bit early with 30 min and 3.6 or so miles under our belts. Good enough, I say.

The manfriend's parents live on a small lake in Michigan, which is currently frozen/snowed over. Although the white stuff isn't falling from the sky, I'll consider this a White Christmas.



It's pretty cold out there. After standing outside taking photos with no gloves on, my hands were bright red. I think I'll stay inside for the remainder of the day, unless snow decides to make an appearance. :)

I hope you and your family are having a great day! I'm trying to keep up with my family on the west coast via text. My pumpkin cheesecake is ready to put in the fridge and the manfriend's mom is making peanut butter blossoms. The house smells divine! Are you contributing anything fun to your Christmas feast? Was Santa good to you?

Comments

The manfriend's house looks so cozy! Sounds like you are having a great time! Good for you for getting your run on.

Santa was good to me! But I think he might have brought me a sinus infection. :( I'm not feeling so hot so hopefully I can get a dr. appt this week!

Have a fabulous day with the manfriend's family!
Amber said…
Looks like you're having a great time with the manfriends family! Yay! Glad to hear it :)
Run Jess Run said…
Pretty pics! I live near Lake Michigan and it's not quite frozen yet.

Popular Posts