Fun Fact Friday: a winter edition

In honor of some chilly temps we've been having around these parts lately (27 degrees this am when I walked the dog), I thought it might be fun to do a winter-inspired version. Here in Oregon, we don't get much snow or seriously bad weather, but there are a few things that remind me it's winter. Often times it's something running related.

I know it's winter when...

1. Those cheapo $1 gloves just don't quite cut it anymore. Must buy running gloves.
2. I can't tell if my face is cold during a run from sweat or the wind
3. I have to defrost the car for a few minutes to remove ice from the windshield
4. I don't feel too guilty about driving to work
5. Long running tights are a necessity
6. Eating out sounds like a good idea every night of the week
7. Cookies or something sweet are baked at least once a week
8. All I want to buy is boots

What reminds you its winter? I'm jealous of all you snow runners. I'm crossing my fingers I get a snow run in while visiting the manfriend's family in Michigan.

Comments

I'm kind of cranky about winter this week because my commutes have been awful... Traffic was so bad on Monday, it took me 90 minutes just to get out of the parking garage at work - it was THAT backed up!

I know it's winter when:

- all I want to wear are boots and sweaters
- I crave things like soups, stews, and chili
- I drink hot cocoa at work to warm up my freezing fingers!

I hope you get a snow run in next week. We have no shortage of it here in Minneapolis. I'd be happy to send some your way!
Amber said…
I know it's winter when:

- I have to buy $15 "grippies" at Costco to go on the bottom of my shoes for running on the snow and ice!
- Scarf season!
- I don't want to leave my warm bed in the morning
- I have to wear tights with dresses!
Jen Feeny said…
I just bought some $45 winter running gloves. I still can't believe it! I never needed anything more than the cheapos down in FL.

When do you arrive and where are you going to be for this trip to the Mitten?!?! Would be awesome if we could coordinate and run or coffee date! Let me know!
Great responses ladies! Love reading them all.
Siri said…
Even though you obviously have no idea what real cold weather is (that's ok, I don't blame you), I do like your list. Especially #7 ;)
The heat kicks on continuously...
Siri-Thanks for the reminder. :) I'm not complaining, but since we don't have snow on the ground to tell us it's winter, there have to be other little wintery clues.
Run Jess Run said…
Where will you be in the mitten?? The northern parts have lots of snow!
I've been wanting to eat out much more often, too! Whats up with that? I'd assume cold-outside = stay warm inside and cook. Doesn't seem to be the case...

I start wearing my Nike or lulu gloves as soon as it drops below 50 - my hands do Not like to be cold! :)
Jess and Morgan. I'll be in the middle wrist of the mitten about 45 min south of kalamazoooooo.

Popular Posts