Who else needs a little detox?

Whew! If only those cookies wouldn't keep staring at me and jumping into my mouth! We're having a great time relaxing and enjoying our vacation, but I won't lie, I'm looking forward to being cookie free.

Luckily, it's just the nature of the holidays. You eat a little much because it's just what you do. Yesterday, for example, I had about 3 cookies for my first breakfast and then about 3 more that afternoon, in addition to other snacks, dinner and a piece of pumpkin cheesecake.

So, what's my big plan for holiday detox? Not a whole lot. We'll lay off the sweets and alcohol for a bit (it's amazing what a drink or two here and there will do) and focus more on veggies and protein.

Another piece of my big plan is to not step on the scale for a week or so. Ultimately, I know there are 5 or so extra lbs hanging around, but I don't need to see it on the scale. I'll let our nutrition and activity regulate and the scale will come right along with it.

One thing I'm proud of, is that I've made exercise a priority on this trip. Sometimes, I guilt myself out of doing something that's so important to me because others don't want to. But this trip, I've exercised 5 out of the 5 full days we've been here. Four runs and one indoor cross training workout.

Are you due for a holiday detox?

We're heading to Kalamazoo, MI to see the manfriend's sister and take a little tour of the town. I hear it's about the same size as Eugene, OR.

Comments

This is the upside to not traveling anywhere for Christmas... I didn't end up over-eating as much as I normally would. When I go home to my parents, my caloric intake is ridiculous... I definitely ate more than my share on Christmas Eve, but now I'm back to my regular schedule which helps...
Amber said…
I made the mistake of stepping on the scale AFTER eating a big dinner + 2 servings of dessert last night. NOT a good thing!

Today I start getting back on track with my regular eating habits and workouts and I know the pounds will follow!

Have a great time visiting manfriends sister :)
Raquelita said…
I weighed myself yesterday just so I can give myself credit for losing some weight as I re-regulate after a solid week of eating and not exercising. To be honest, I've sort of let things slide in the nutrition department since I ran my last half-marathon in November.

Enjoy Kazoo and check out Bell's brewery while you're there!
Run Jess Run said…
Go to Bell's Brewery...try the Oberon.
Gracie said…
Siunds sensible, And good for you to get your exercise in; that's tough while traveling.
Moderation and balance - you've got those things mastered, it all evens out :) Glad you guys are having fun!!! The ex (college) went to school in K-Zoo. It's not huge by any means, but there are some fun places!
Thanks all. We didn't stop at Bell's Brewery, but we have enjoyed some Bell's from the bottle during this trip. :)

Popular Posts