So, you're wondering how to easily plan a getaway for you and a few friends? Here's how we did it.
1. Start with mass email in which you include everyone you'd like to come, including those who may live in other states.
2. Next, agree on a city or general location, budget and dates. (We chose the Oregon Coast area and $100 or less per person for MLK weekend).
3. Then put someone in charge of finding a house/hotel that fits your needs. (We like vrbo.com - great site for finding a house to rent!)
4. Next, create a sign up sheet for meals, as well as board games and movies. This way, you save money on meals and also allow everyone to take part in purchasing, planning and preparing food for the group.
5. By now, you've most likely convinced the out of staters to hop on a cheap flight to meet you for this getaway. (T flew from Salt Lake City for a few hundred $$ just to be there with us. And we were so happy she did!)
6. As the date draws near, continue to send mass emails and facebook status updates about how excited you are for the getaway and finally, let the fun begin!
Welcome to our humble abode
And just look at this cute little house across the street with portholes for windows!
And who doesn't love a cute red door?!
We all know when you get enough women together in one room who know each other fairly well, utter sillyness begins. T is I believe impersonating one of our friends, W, who is also in the room. Don't ask.
Let the games begin! From Balderdash to Outburst to Scattergories, we were gaming fools.
We found an "iPhone" in the couch. Its capabilities however, left much to be desired.
Saturday morning, after J and I ran and we all had a nice big breakfast, we arrived at the lookout point where we would begin a little 2-3 mile hike. Just look at that view!
Ready to head out on the hike!
Cool old tree we happened upon
Holding up this log as we pass underneath it on our hike on Clatsop Trail with views of the ocean!
*kidding of course, we were merely pretending to hold up the tree.
Decorative rooster and mayhem
Talking and Walking
Most of us (minus A) forging the rainy weather to take a little walk on the beach and get photos in front of Haystack Rock.
Thanks for joining me on this little weekend recap!