Seven Random Things for a Friday

Since I was tagged by Alissa at A Runner's Balancing Act, it's only right to join in. Plus, it's kind of fun and I rarely do those answer the list of questions type posts.

So, in no particular order, here are seven random things about me.

1. Business casual is (sometimes) the bane of my existence. Truthfully, many mornings I curse my closet as I think "uh, what sweater or shirt combo am I pairing (again) with this black pair of pants?" Ugh. That's when I dream of someday having enough money to buy anything my heart so desires from JCrew or Banana Republic catalogs.

2. Extreme physical challenges (Iron man, ultras, etc) don't really scare me, but I'd like to do a triathlon one day and the thought of swimming a few miles open water seems a bit out of my realm of possibility.

3. I keep wishing/hoping/waiting for my dream career to just *poof* magically appear so I can go back to school for it or charge forward with full steam ahead. I suppose I better get on that.

4. I'm seriously exhausted right now (and ravenous) and of course still have a SPEED workout to do and my bike to ride home. OH, and some socializing with the runners. I guess that's why it's important to rest. Speaking of rest, I'm not sure I've had a rest day in a few weeks. Eeks.

5. I have a passion for baked goods...making and eating them. Every time I pass a bakery or doughnut shop by car or foot I seriously have to force myself not to go in.

6. I am constantly on the lookout for the perfect pair of black, round toe, flat equestrian type leather boots. As well as a fabulous pair of brown cowboy boots. Any brand suggestions would be just lovely.

7. On a regular basis, I wish that my 1995 Toyota Corolla would die on me so I can purchase a nearly brand new car. On my wish list is the Subaru Outback Sport, Subaru Impreza WRX, Volvo S40. But the truth is, 30 mpg and no car payment is pretty sweet.

Ok, your turn. YOU are tagged if you're reading this! Now get to it. Either respond in the comments or post on your blog. Happy Friday!

Comments

Kayla said…
I totally hear you on waiting for a dream job to pop out of thin air. I wish I could figure it out so I could start planning for it already. :) Happy Friday!
Kerry said…
For real cowboy boots I recommend Ariat. Incredibly comfortable and the stitching on mine is just beautiful. I also recently aquired just the boots you're describing, but I can't remember the brand. I found them at Macy's in Salem. Also, check out Ideeli. Interesting site--could be problematic, but I recently saw some good (and cheap!) boots go through and maybe there will be some more.
Anonymous said…
Open water swimming scares the sh*t outta me - No Tris in my future for that very reason!! ( I hear you get kicked and stuff....uh, NO thanks!) And, I want brown cowboy boots, like whoa. My college roomie/best friend has a pair that I used to wear all the time and I love them and I STILL think about them. haha, weird?

Take a rest day this weekend! sheesh! Let the bod relax in the "new" digs ;) happy friday!
Thanks Kerry...I've never heard of the brand. I've been drooling over Fryes, but due to the price tag I have to just choose one and it's hard to do so when they have so many fabulous boots. Oh the trials and tribulations of boot buying!
Alissa said…
I'm SOOOOOO with you on open water swimming! And baked goods. Those cupcake shops that are popping up all over kill me! :) Thanks for playing. I'm just getting back into blogging this week after a bit of a break, but I wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog and am looking forward to getting to know know you more reading it. It sounds like we have a lot in common.
Amber said…
Hmmmm baked goods. Sometimes I just get an overwhelming craving for them!!

You need a rest day, girl! Take one!! Although, I have to admit today's my rest day and I'm feeling kind of sluggish and yucky since I didn't workout this morning!
There are so many terrific boot manufacturers out there it really can be difficult to decide which one is best. But when you find the perfect pair , just like a pair of great fitting Blue Jeans. You will Know.
These were fun to read! I love reading random facts about others!! Great way to get to know others.

I want to do a tri some day, but I am actually most nervous about the bike part! I haven't really biked since i was young, and I am kind of clumsy so I feel like I would like tip or something!

Popular Posts