Recovering from my weekend

It just so happens that this weekend took a LOT out of me. Yeah, three day weekends with your best high school girlfriends will do that to you. And a weekend chalked full of wine, wind storms, board games, chick flicks (Sex and the City, Dirty Dancing, Laguna), walking on the beach and general mayhem. Go figure.

Speaking of which, does anyone else keep in touch with your hs friends? We're a freakishly tight knit group, but I love it. Photos are on the way.

As for that running thing, my good friend J (who I ran the last six miles of the 2009 Portland Marathon with) agreed to join me on a few runs while we were at the beach. I'm pretty sure the other girls think we're crazy for this, but they're accustomed to our ways now that we've even gone running while camping. Both Saturday and Sunday we managed to fit in 50-65 min runs, which was more than I could have hoped for. And to top it off, we were running on sand most of the time!

Monday was an early morning so we skipped a run while we cleaned up house and I squeezed in a good 20 min of yoga while watching the waves crash outside our second floor game room. Someday, I'd like to own a second home with ocean views and silly decor (this house was full of rooster decorations). I arrived home on Monday evening around 5pm, said a quick hello to the manfriend and headed off to the running group. Fit in a fast five (7:45-8 min pace)and headed home for chicken burritos. Yum.

Alas, yesterday was painful. My brain didn't want to focus...on anything. I found myself staring at a coworker as she spoke during our staff meeting and not hearing a word. And after a 6PM meeting and a 30 min mini gym session, it was off to make homemade pizza for din din. Here's to hoping a few more nights of consistent sleep will help, not to mention the short work week. Anyone else still recovering from the weekend?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oof, YES, still recovering! And I didn't even travel! 60 minute beach runs? sounds fabulous! :) glad you had a good weekend with the gals!

I still keep in touch with one or two friends from HS, but am *much* closer to my college friends. :) just how it worked out for me - especially coming across the country for school! (and now just, to stay here...ha) that's awesome that you all still get together when you can though! It's rare to have good friends like that.
Amber said…
That sounds like such a great weekend! Unfortunately I'm not very close with my HS friends anymore. I still keep in touch with 3 or 4 friends from high school on a regular basis, but it's certainly not a close-knit group like that. I have to admit, I'm jealous.

Oh and that sounds like an amazing weekend! XO
What a fantastic weekend! I have not seen the lotion in such a long, long time. Like years. Running on the beach is such a good workout!! That's awesome that you guys still fit runs in on your get away!

I had one of those zone out moments on the phone today. I was talking to my main internal client and just sort of zoned out. The bad thing is that he was talking about an analysis he wants me to do in the future, and I honestly have no idea what he said... yikes.

Popular Posts