Tour de Nashville continued

Saturday

The day started out with some yoga to stretch out these legs.

Then it was off to Percy Warner Park for a beautiful morning walk with the dog. People in Nashville walk a lot and don't run as much as I see in the NW.




After a little workout at the nearby gym and some lounging by the pool, we finally got ready for the big events of the day.

First stop, was the East Nasty running group party. This guy Micah hosts a summer backyard party every year where he buys the kegs and invites bands in his neighborhood to perform. Our cover charge into the party went to pay the bands.

I'm telling you, these guys were amazing. The headed off to the Grand Ole Opry right after this concert.

Kristin, Elizabeth and Me - the red dress crew

After a while, K and I headed downtown for some BBQ and the night life. The food was just so so.

The music however at Robert's Western World was amazing. These bands were so talented and the people watching rivaled Vegas, no joke.


Sunday - my last full day in Nashville!

After my 12 mi long run with the local running group and K, it was a very lazy day. Lots of time was spent at the Frothy Monkey coffee shop, on the streets walking and inside relaxing. Around 4 pm we finally decided to do something. We headed out to Franklin to see some mighty big houses.

We stopped by some old mansion that became a battlefield hospital near Franklin, TN before cruising past the ginormous current day mansions.


The highlight of the day was our stop to Burger Up for our final din din.

I had the homemade quinoa and black bean burger w/ sweet potater fries and Kristin had the bacon and cheddar burger.

The meal was just what the doctor ordered. Fresh yet satisfying. Truly comfort food.

Earlier recaps of the trip: Thursday and Friday in Nashville.

Kristin, thanks for hosting me! It was such a fun trip. I love getting out of town and out of my normal (crazy busy) routine. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm forcing the manfriend to watch the chic flick, Remember Me, with me. Sucka! ;) Nah, I kid, he's just a good guy. Does your significant other watch chic flicks with you?

Comments

My husband I think prefers the chick flicks. Don't tell him I told you. ;)

Glad you had such a fun trip!
Unknown said…
I try not to make him watch too many, but I do pick out ones I know he might think are funny too and then watch those so they are chick flicks, but not like super sad chick flicks more funny ones like Win a Date with Tad Hamilton or Two Weeks Notice.
Your meal at the end of the post looks a lot like what Amber & I had last night. :) I had a basic cheeseburger w/ fries and she had a veggie burger w/ sweet potato fries at Deshutes Brewery (sp?). They had a gluten free menu! I was in heaven!! I haven't eaten a burger on a bun for nearly 2 years!!

Nashville looks awesome. I love the pic of you girls in your red dresses!
Oooh, Lisa, I love Deschutes Brewery! Glad they had a GF menu! That is awesome!

Popular Posts