A Fabulous Welcome

Working my way through recap land, here's a bit of my Nashville adventure...

Thursday

4 am wake up call, 4:45 am left the house to drive the 2 hrs north to Portland Airport, eating overnight oats along the way

Most of Thursday was spent in an airplane seat. Luckily, there were a few beautiful views such as this one.

After 5 hrs of flying and 1 1/2 hrs extra spent sitting on the plane due to mechanical issues, my body was more than ready to be in the upright position.

When I arrived in Nashville, I was so happy to be off the plane and see Kristin. We actually ran toward each other in the airport. It was kind of funny, but genuine. It's crazy how much you miss someone you're used to seeing several times a week.

We promptly headed to her place where we had a "It's not delivery, it's Digiorno" pizza, a salad, some wine and serious girl chat. And she showed me to my guest suite. Be prepared to be wowed, cuz I was.

Barley, Kristin's 2 yr old boxer/lab mix greeted me and insisted on following me around the rest of the weekend. He has the greatest personality and I miss him already!

I fell in love with the bedding that K found at Target! I mean, seriously, it's just so chic and fun.

And to my utter surprise and delight, I was greeted by a stocked and free snack table! She knows me too well.

What do we have here? Fiji water, Vitamin Water, almonds, autumn inspired Jelly Bellies, Godiva dark choc covered almonds, ginger cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip Clif bar and alphabet gummy worms!

And can we just take a look at these pillows again? I love the yellow and grey floral ones.

Hey there!

And seriously, the girl went all out. She even stocked my bathroom with the necessities!

Let's just say, I felt welcome.

I went to bed around 11:30 or so but just couldn't let the mind unwind after a long day of travel. I hate when that happens.

Friday

5:30 am wake up call thanks to my confused body, making for a very tired girl

I read for a while and finally put the running clothes on around 7 am. We had plans for a 5 or so mile run at Radnour Lake (one of the man places affected by the flood) so we dropped off the pup at doggy daycare and were on our way.

It was a toasty one in Nashville that day. It felt like it was already mid to high 70s by 8:30 and the humidity was pretty bad. Basically, by mile 1 my body would have been just fine with stopping and walking. It was a struggle, but we busted out 4.3 miles in 35 min or so and then did a little walking along the beautiful lakeside.

We had worked up quite the appetite so we headed off to the famous Loveless Cafe for their drool worthy biscuits and jam. I'm pretty sure they had some serious amounts of lard or shortening in them because they were fantastic. I also had a veggie omelet, but it did not compare to those hot, flaky mounds of dough.

I was a bad blogger and forgot the camera at home. Alas, I'm sure you can imagine a small lake on a hot day and a cement running path. And biscuits, with three options of jam served inside an old house.

After breakfast, we headed back to shower and get ready for a school related luncheon she had to attend. Next up: Friday night's festivities, including my much anticipated visit to the Bluebird Cafe!

Comments

Gracie said…
Aw, what a good hostess!
Danielle said…
It looks like K was anticipating your visit as much as you were! I am so glad you guys had a great time--We should do the K memorial run again soon!
Amber said…
What a great hostess! That is awesome! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time :-)
Wow, what an amazing hostess! Sounds like such a fun trip!

I adore that bedding. I love that color combo. When I get married, that is a color combo I would probably consider if it's not too out of fashion by then!

Popular Posts