The Monterey Wedding

After that 13 mile run along the Monterey Bay and with nothing more than a Larabar and a small container of applesauce in my belly all morning, I was a starvin marvin after showering at the hotel. The wedding started at 1:30 and we needed to be at the shuttle at 12:30 so we hurried to get ready, parked and headed down to the wharf for some good eats!

One things's for sure, when you're in the presence of fresh seafood and a city known for its sourdough (San Fran), go for the clam chowda in a bowl! It was delicious and hit the spot for a grumbling stomach. It's not the healthiest choice, but once in a while won't kill ya.

A little about my dress choice. You know, the one I overanalyzed way too many times. Well, I ended up picking this nice, simple dress from Ann Taylor that I can easily wear to work, nice events, and even around in Eugene. It was super comfortable. I dressed it up with some fun Jess LC chandelier earings.

Soon enough, all 80 guests were shuttled off to Carmel Beach for the ceremony. It was a beautiful drive and location for the wedding.



Good friend (of mine and the bride) Laura comes down the path with the groom's brother

Flower girl, Audrey and her father

So cool to hear the waves crashing as the ceremony was taking place.

The beautiful bride. I loved how her dress matched her style perfectly. Classy, beautiful and unique all in one.

After the ceremony, the buses took us through the exclusive community surrounding Pebble Beach. Whew! There were some serious mansions. Then it was back to downtown Monterey, CA to the Old Whaling Station for appetizers, drinks, dinner, dancing and cupcakes!

The happy couple, Audrey and Andrew

Applesauce with Audrey's grandmother's special recipe tied to it. Such a nice way to incorporate someone they wished had been there and have a gift for guests!

Let the dancing begin! I think the flower girl had the most fun of anyone. She didn't stop moving until her parents dragged her off to bed.

And oh lord, were these cupcakes amazing. I had 2 and had to have serious restraint not to go back for more.

So glad this guy could be there with me to enjoy it (and laugh at my dance moves)!

Because both the bride and groom are good friends from college and we were friends with each others houses (the guys and girls houses), this was a bit of a college reunion.

The end of the night leaving The Old Whaling Station. Loved this fountain.

There was something really touching about the whole event. It was different than a huge affair that you come and go from in a matter of a few hours. It was really nice to see that they had invited the people closest to their hearts and we felt honored to share that special day with their family and friends. Aw, I'm such a sucker for weddings. ;)

It was such a nice, relaxing day and evening. We rolled on back to our hotel around 9 pm and shared a glass of wine in the hotel's lounge. What a perfect way to cap off a fabulous day at the bay!

What does your dream wedding look like? Are you a cake or cupcake person? I'm still feeling out what my dream would be, but part of me would like to head off with a small group of friends and family to an exotic island and another part of me would just like it to be classy, casual and fun in Oregon. And you must know by now, I'm a cupcake girl all the way!

Comments

What a beautiful wedding! I have never been to an outdoor wedding - looks like this one was amazing!

I have a ginorous family, so having a small wedding is just not possible as I would want my aunts, uncles, and cousins there, and that brings the guest count to likie 60! So yah... Not an option to have a smaller wedding. I would probably want it on a Friday night, later in the evening so it is sort of dark in the church during the wedding, and then I would probably have a cocktails/aps reception. I never have liked cake, and finding a GF one that tasted good would be challenging, so I think I'd try to do something different, like maybe an ice cream sundae bar.

We'll see, i guess! This all depends on who I end up marrying!!

Have a great weekend! I'll be tackling 20 miles tomorrow morning!!
Small (20 to 30 people) outdoor wedding with cake and cupcakes. :-) No professional photographer...just family and friends taking candid pics if they felt like it.

Beautiful wedding. Looked perfect to me.

Popular Posts