Exploring your GOALS

Do you have goals for yourself? For this week, this month, this year? Your Career? Your Relationships? Your hobbies?

Sometimes I struggle to pinpoint what my goals should be or what I want them to be. One thing I want to do for 2011 is have a vision board with images and words that are important to me or that I want to work on. Gina at The Fitnessista has an awesome inspiration board.

I'm a visual person so this works better for me than just writing it down. The process of cutting and pasting it together and then seeing it every day works so much better for my brain.

These Lululemon videos are some great starting points to begin thinking about your goals and what you want out of this life. They kind of hit me to the core.

Goal Week: Sarah from lululemon athletica on Vimeo.



Goal Week: Ava from lululemon athletica on Vimeo.



Goal Week: Kerry from lululemon athletica on Vimeo.


Now don't you just want to run off and make your dreams a reality? Are you more successful with visual reminders or can you just read/hear/decide something and do it?

In other news, I nibbled away a few nails today that were growing longish. I don't know why I do that to myself. Oh well, the right hand still is fully in tact! Try as I might, I still can't conquer that bad habit.

Have you kept up with any or all of your 2010 Resolutions? Mine were good intentions. Some I've kept up on (improving overall body strength and a little more creativity on the blog) and others, I haven't made time for (i.e. have not cooked a single recipe from my Splendid Table cookbook). Now seriously, I want to hear about your goals...

Comments

I love the idea of having an inspiration board. I know I'm better if I write my goals down.

Great post!
Raquelita said…
An inspiration board is a great idea! I set New Year's Resolutions and some of them I have met and some I haven't -- in part because my priorities have shifted a bit in the past few months.

I write out my monthly writing and fitness goals on my blog and then I try to revisit them and post about where I'm at at least once or twice during the month as well as once the month is over.
My goals this year were the 30 things on my 30 before 30 list. I know i probably won't get them all done, but I will cross a good chunk of them off the list.

After the marathon, my goal is to be a more well-rounded exerciser. I don't do nearly enough cross training and that needs to change...
Unknown said…
At times I think I write too many goals. I have 6 month, year and 5 year goals. I think when they get out 5 years they are more lofty than the closer ones. In August I wrote 3 goals I wanted to work on - learning to cook, working out and getting more sleep. So I think it depends on how you want to use your goals. I've heard and experienced great things from vision boards, so I would def try that out!
Anonymous said…
Agreeing with all of the above - I think the Inspiration board is awesome! Definitely much more of a visual person, but have never thought to just PUT "goals" up there like that.

I'm not much of a "New Year's Resolution" person, but I do tend to make lists for birthdays :) My goals for now really revolve more around career - working where I'm happy and doing something I truly Enjoy/am passionate about, rather than settling for a job I "should" take.

Popular Posts