A bike date!

I'm telling you, it's better than sliced bread, for real. It's exhilirating, relaxing and a great stress reliever after a long work week!

We both were a little tired after work. I quickly made a few tuna melts and we decided to head out on the bikes for an evening of fun. Due to those damn bike stealing gremlins, I rode my mountain bike and he rode his cross bike and we brought TWO locks to secure those puppies.

I was loving my bikeable choice of Ann Taylor Loft skinny jeans and my Nikes.

If only we could always ride on relaxing bike paths with no vehicular traffic! But tonight even the bike path was a bit dangerous. We were just enjoying our spin downtown, while others were on a mission to get somewhere! Zoom, zoom, zoom!


Well hello there, mister!


We decided on the Eugene City Brewery, which has a ton o beers on tap.

It was a tough call between the chocolate stout and the mocha porter, but I went with the stout!

About 1/4 way through the beer I changed my mind and gave it to the manfriend and ordered a gin and tonic.

Then it was off to our second location where he grabbed another beer and she grabbed some delicious coconut gelato (both went unpictured).

It was a bit chilly so I pulled my hoodie over my helmet for the ride home.

After a few beverages and some gelato, there's nothing like feeling the wind on your face as you casually make your way home. Take yourself, your friend or your significant other on a bike date real soon and you won't be disappointed.

Safety Reminders, because my friends don't call me "mother hen" for nothin': 1.) Please wear your helmet. There's nothing more annoying than a cyclist who is riding in the dark without one, or has one hanging around their handle bars while riding. 2.) Be sure to bring your front and rear bike lights. It helps the cars see you! 3.) Obey the traffic laws (this includes lights, stop signs, etc. 4.) Have fun!

Comments

Unknown said…
That looks like a great date! I wish we had some pubs near by we could check out via bike.
What a fun date night! You guys are such a cute couple! I hope to some day day someone who is up for active dates like this... But i need to buy a bike first. ;)
Gracie said…
You are super cute and that looks like a world of fun!
Biking around town is an awesome date idea :) Just have to be careful how many of those beverages get added in, ha. We've done a bike date before, but it has been way too long - gotta get on that before it's too chilly!
siri said…
You guys are too cute. If I were still in Eugene, I would totally have you take me on a date.
Raquelita said…
It looks like so much fun! My husband and I have been meaning to go on a bike date, but it seems like our schedules never coincide with good weather for it.
Heidi said…
that sounds like so much fun!

also love the hoodie ;) :)
Heidi said…
that sounds like so much fun!

also love the hoodie ;) :)
Amber said…
Awww so fun!! I love this date you went on! Eric isn't really into riding bikes, sadly!

Popular Posts