Music Mania

Tuesday night I was driving home from meeting the manfriend and a few other cyclists for dinner at a local bar and grill. I was listening to our local pop station and a few songs came on the air that had me rocking out.

Sometimes, I think "ugh, that stuff is just total trash." And other times the very same song gets me in a peppy mood. There was even a Justin Bieber song that (dare I say) I kind of liked. That's what I call a guilty pleasure.

This one, I had to come home and download.


Miley also has me "bobbing my head like yeah" these days...


And if you haven't heard Javier Colon, a friend passed this on to me. His voice is some kind of amazing. I just wish this song were for sale on itunes.


What's your guilty pleasure song these days? I'm a sucker for a sappy love song or something that I can dance or run to.

Well friends, there's a lot of excitement here in Eugene, OR. Our #1 in the Pac-10 Ducks take on UCLA tonight. It's weird to have a game on a weeknight, but I'm okay with it because our office is closing early and I have tickets!

Ooh, and we found Halloween costumes last night! After going to three second hand stores we found our outfits at Target. Go figure. It's the first time I've been there in months because I've been avoiding it for my wallet's and conscience's sake.

Comments

Well, I bought Justin Bieber's CD this summer... so yah... I kind of feel like a 15 year old girl when I listen to it. I also really like "Teenage Dream" by Katie Perry....

Other guilty pleasures are Lemonata San Pellegrino. I got in the habit of drinking these when the Barrister was drinking beer in those weeks leading up to the marathon. That way I wasn't having alcohol but I still felt like I was having a fun beverage. :) They are not cheap, though!
Kara said…
I haaaate Beiber but I had that stupid "Baby baby baby oooh" song stuck in my head last night. Not necessarily a guilty pleasure, but oh well! lol
Amber said…
I LOVE K$SHA! The way she spells her name annoys me though. Haha!

I am a HUGE fan of Miley Cyrus - See you again for a running/dancing song!
Lisa-oooh, i love those San Pellegrinos. Tangerine is my flavor of choice.
Kara-believe me I know. It kind of horrified me that I liked the song.
Amber- Yeah, the manfriend just shakes his head when I start singing along with Party in the USA.
Anonymous said…
Ohh, ohhh! I have front row tickets to the game tonight too! 40 yard line directly behind UCLA's bench. I know, deep in enemy territory, but it will be fun!

You TOTALLY need to listen to "Hold Yuh" by Gyptian and "All I want is You" by Miguel. Seriously. Like now. Oh, also diggin' "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.
I love Target as well, but can't go there without spending an arm and a leg!
Gracie said…
Ok. Ever since the last marathon I've had the Jackson Five's "I want you back" stuck in my head...it's on my playlist because it's actually got quite the running rhythm. But boy do I wish I could stop silent humming it!

Popular Posts