You would be proud of me.

I spent the majority of yesterday afternoon like this.

Well, this plus sweats and socks and lots of rain outside.

I left work early because that cold I caught this weekend was really catching up to me and my brain just wasn't able to focus on projects w/ a sore throat and stuffy nose. I came home and parked it on the couch and FINISHED A BOOK while downing lots of tea. And then I took a glorious 45 minute nap.

I don't know about you, but when I'm sick, I hit that sickness with everything I can think of: extra vitamin C, Throat Coat tea w/ honey, hot steam, green smoothies, soup, lots of H2O and some rest. The last few years it feels like I've been getting more sick than I used to, which I attribute to never taking a break, getting overly stressed and working out constantly.

Each time my body gets sick, I get nearly knocked out so that I'm forced to do nothing. Over time, I'm finally realizing that this is my body's way of saying "Fine, if you won't sit down and relax every once in a while, I'm going to make you park it for 48 hrs straight."

Today, I'm not feeling much better and the highlight of my day will probably be walking the dog. I might also go through my stack of magazines and work a bit more on my vision board. Here's a few of the things I've ripped out so far.

Okay, well back to the sickie routine...grab kleenex, blow nose, wash hands, drink water, lay on couch and repeat.

And on aProject Food Buzz note: Have you seen these awesome Round #6 entries? I'm loving Angela's hiking bounty and Jenna's retro picnic. I've been so impressed with how much time and energy all of the entries have clearly taken. This challenge is no joke!

Comments

Good for you for listening to your body and taking it easy. I know that is tough to do! What book did you read?

I also try to attack an illness as many ways as I possibly can. When I feel somethign coming on, I take these special 'defend and resist' vitamins. Which I hate because the dosage is 6 pills. Seriously? Couldn't they have made them bigger so I would only have to take 3 or something? But they seem to work...

Feel better soon!!
Emily said…
I'm the same way. As soon as I start to feel something coming on, I slam it with every remedy I know!

It sounds like naps, reading and relaxation are exactly what you need. Feel better soon!
Amber said…
Good girl! Your body is going to thank you!! Besides, sick days are kind of fun, especially when its rainy ;)
Kerry said…
Good job resting Lauren. I think you've got what I had before the half, at least the symptoms sound the same. If it plays out in you like it did in me, you'll need to take one more day than it feels like you need. Rest up! I hope you feel better soon.
Kerry said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa-I real the Charming Man by Marian Keyes. It's about these four different women who at some time or another have dated this terrible Irish politician. The book goes back and forth through their lives and ultimately, they all work together to find revenge.

Thanks all for your well wishes. I hate sitting still, but I know it's what my body needs.

Kerry - I hope your race went well! It's never fun to be sick right before a big race. Mentally and physically very tough.
That's no fun! I hope you feel better soon. I'm a huge fan of inspiration boards:)

Popular Posts