Portland Marathon, here we come!

But first, a little cross race (cyclocross) for the manfriend!

Saturday, we headed north to one of our favorite cyclocross locations, Heiser Farms where the rain was coming down.

The family who owns the farm has so many great activities for kids to do. They even have this maze for the kids to go through, a mini functional railway and a pumpkin launcher!

The manfriend quickly went from clean...
to extremely dirty in a matter of 45 min flat. There was mud caked up and down his body and clumped on to every inch of his bike.

There was a looong line for the hose post race.

After changing and drying off, we continued north to Portland. My friend Jess, whom I ran with for the last 6 miles of the Portland Marathon LAST year and ran the Helvetia Half this past summer, was kind enough to let manfriend, myself and Jonah (the dog) stay at their house for the marathon.

And, she was running it again this year so it was very handy.

After getting settled, the manfriend and I met Amber and Lisa downtown for the expo and then dinner. It was so fun to actually meet them in person and talk face to face!

First, we headed down to pick up our bibs! The excitement/nervousness was starting to set in.

Portland is great because you get all these little goodies, like a complimentary marathon poster and an extra shirt!

After walking around and checking out EVERY row of the expo (I looove race expos), we were a bit tired and hot from standing and walking around so long in a hot, stuffy ballroom. We headed for Starbucks for bottled water and a good chat.

For dinner, I made reservations for us at a cute little Italian place, Iorio that had a few gluten free options for Lisa. It ended being a great choice to a bigger chain restaurant. Aren't they so cute?

I didn't even notice, but the manfriend and I were color coordinated.

I chose the wild mushroom and pepperoni pizza. It was okay, but a bit greasy for my liking. My salad and our appetizer cheese platter made up for it though!

Happily carbo loaded, we headed out. The manfriend and I headed back the house and chatted with Jess and her husband for a bit and went to bed around 9:30.

How'd the marathon go? How much did it rain? You'll just have to check back for Part II! AKA I'm digging up photos and this post is far too long already. Happy Monday!

Comments

I am grinning ear to ear as I read this post because I had SO much fun with you & man friend. You two are just such a fun couple, and you were exactly how you come across in your blog. I am so glad we got a chance to meet up and carb load together (and the GF pasta was delish!)

We def need to try to do a destination half some time!!

Hope the recovery is going well for you!!
These pics are great!! You and the manfriend are always grinning ear-to-ear :)

Can't wait to hear about the race! I may or may not have looked you girls up to check on ya during the run! Ha, kept me very entertained and anxious during work yesterday! ;)
Amber said…
Ditto - also grinning ear to ear. That was SUCH A FUN NIGHT! And omg, great photos - can you PLEASE email those to me??

I miss you guys already and hope we can meet again sooner rather than later. You and Pete should make a trip to Van one weekend :-)

Popular Posts