Love Grown Friday

Happy sunshine Friday! Last night's speed workout was no joke after Wednesday's four workouts. We did a warm up, drills and then 12 x 400m on the track at 5k PR pace. I actually liked this because it was manageable and we got 40-60 seconds rest after each one.

This morning, I decided to treat my body to a little ab work followed by an easy 30 min run. Sometimes the easy workouts feel like a massage for the body. Know what I mean?

Look what came in the mail yesterday! I heard so much talk on blogs and twitter about Love Grown Foods granola that I just had to snag some. I bought: sweet cranberry pecan, cocoa goodness and apple walnut delight.

By FAR, my favorite of the three is sweet cranberry pecan. It's cinnamony, has a great flavor with the pecans and is full of large chunks of granola. A few great things about this product include: their homemade fresh taste, certified organic gluten free oats, real ingredients and the low sugar and fat content.


^The view from my front yard this morning.

Okay, off for my fifth day of biking to work for the Business Commute Challenge! Any fun plans for your Friday night or the weekend? Have you ever bought anything because another blogger recommended it?

I still can't get over how cute the Buddha Bowls are that I bought from Kath Eats' Open Sky store. I love them, even if they did cost an arm and a leg.

Comments

Amber said…
It's 'Bike to Work Week' in BC from May 30 - June 5 and I'm seriously considering partaking. Even though it will mean biking up a GIANT hill after work every day. Eep!
J said…
I love that 400 workout! I haven't done that since last summer! Now that it is nice I can head back to the track!
whooa - it has been SO long since I've done 400 repeats. I'm pretty sure that would kill me ;) Those legs of yours are tough for sticking that out after your Wednesday spree!

Love Grown granola is THE BEST. Hands down.

Weekend plans - purge/pack and relax! And get a lot of Yoga in, especially after the long run today :)
Lindsey said…
It's awesome you rode your bike to work everyday this week! I was hoping to ride mine a couple days, and then "the boot" happened.

Plans for the weekend... tomorrow night I'm going to the Evviva open house (next to Hutches). You guys should stop by if you don't have other plans! I think Hutches is doing something too. There will be food and alcohol!
Gluten free granola? Be still my heart! I might need to treat myself to some of this!

Tonight I went out for HH with 2 guys I used to work with. It was SO MUCH FUN. I haven't had social plans on a friday night in so long!!

Popular Posts