Royal banana bread & my favorite ensemble

Friday, I got up eeeextra early for this:

And because I can't sit still for more than five minutes at a time, I made this whole wheat banana bread from Dana at My Little Celebration, while catching parts of The Royal Wedding.

The changes I made were: subbing 1/2 the oil for applesauce and adding about 1/4 cup brown sugar/white sugar mixed to add a little sweetness because I didn't have quite enough honey.

Tasty, yet not overly sweet.


After a rainy morning run, I put on my favorite ensemble: jeans + tshirt. Perfect for a vacation day. Is there anything better?

Upcoming: a recap of the TEDxPortland conference I attended Saturday.

Also, I poached/banditted/race crashed a marathon today. Do you hate me? Eeps, I kind of hate that I did something I admonish others for doing, but honestly, it was a great experience. Still, I should've paid. Let me know if you want a post on the run.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. They fly by far too fast! I'm trying to figure out when we're going to go camping this summer, much less simply relax and enjoy some sun. It seems like the weekends are filling up faster than I can keep up.

Comments

Did you run the whole course? How did it go?

I like jeans + t-shirts, too. Perfect casual outfit, especially with summer on the horizon!
Amber said…
Ditto what Lisa said! Did you run the whole marathon? I want to hear about it!

That bread looks super yummy!!
Emily said…
i want a post on the run! my bf and my bro recently bandited a race for me and i loved them for it!
Marathon?!! Whew, didnt' see that one coming :) I just checked out your DailyMile blurb - congrats, girl! How long was that litle surprise in the works? I'd love to hear about it!

There's no way I could've baked something while watching the Wedding (though that bread looks delicious) - ha, I didn't want to miss anything!
Glad you liked my banana bread! And thanks for the shout out. It's much appreciated :D.
Your wish is my command. There will be a recap post up tomorrow.
Lindsey said…
I'm excited to read your recap! I was actually wondering if you were going to end up running the marathon since you are definitely in shape to run it! Nice work! I never saw you on the course but I'm sure you went past me a few times.

Popular Posts