Time to Buckle Up

Yesterday I learned what the summer will be like. It's all about fitting in miles when and where possible. I had my mind set on getting in my long run while in Cottage Grove to visit my mentee. As a result, I opted to run 10 miles around Cottage Grove lake before heading to her soccer game.

After soccer, my mentee and I walked around town, smelled the flowers and went through this old covered bridge.



Before I knew it, it was time to head out for my second run of the day along the lake before I got back on the interstate. These legs pounded out 5.5 miles. Don't mind the blurred photos - I must have smudged the lense with my sweaty self.

I was pretty happy with my matchy matchy Garmin and Nike running top.


This flurry of activity resulted in a fairly tired, hungry sass. But the day was busy so I drove back to Eugene to help two friends move. Luckily, neither of them have a ton of stuff.

By the time I was finished, it was 4 pm and all I could think about was pizza. I headed directly to our local gourmet grocery and ordered their take on a Hawaiian pizza and a six pack to go. I'm pretty sure the checkers realized I was in that 'so tired I'm grumpy' stage. It happens to the best of us.

STATS
Run #1 : 10 miles @ 8:19 pace
Run #2: 5.5 miles @ 8:04 pace
Total miles: 15.5 miles
Total time running: 2 hrs 7 min

Total servings of Barbara's Cheese Puffs consumed: ~ 3

I'm slowly realizing just HOW MUCH running I have ahead of me this summer. Time to buckle up and hang on for the ride!

Comments

Nice work on getting 2 runs in - your pace is great!! It is tough to get runs in during the summer w/ all the commitments that pop up - esp weekend ones! I am going ot have to become more of a morning person, I guess... the good news is that when i move, I can get up at the same time as I currently do, get a run in, and get to work at the same time (I think...). So that is going to be awesome!
Whew, gal! I'd say, with that kind of schedule, 15 miles counts no matter how you squeeze them in :p And helping TWO people move is probably the equivalent of another couple miles...or at least some strength training ;)
Scarlett said…
Beautiful pics! So jealous because it looks so cool in those pics and it is HOT here.

Popular Posts