Kind of like 4th Meal...

except totally different. You know what I'm referring to, right? Taco Bell commercials. Blech. I used to eat that stuff back in high school. I stopped eating fast food around my senior year and never looked back.

Anyway, rather than a 4th meal, I just got done with my 4th workout of the day. Call me insane, but I know a few of you out there who would gladly join me on all four of them.

So here's the breakdown:

Workout #1: 35 minutes of alternating Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd w/ Fitnessista.com's strength circuits (including ~30 burpees, mt climbers, jump squats w/ weights, tricep dips, push ups, abs, etc)

Workout #2: I rode my bike to and from work today for the Business Commute Challenge (still goin' strong on day #3)

Workout #3: 4 mile easy run at lunch (couldn't resist thanks to warm weather)

Workout #4: Lifeforce Fitness (a toughie filled with burpees, lots of shoulders and a killer squat circuit)

In other words, there's a reason I look disheveled, yet satisfied.

We have some cool shadows coming through the house. Gotta love the sun!

Don't worry, I immediately blended up a half pint green protein monster to hold off the hunger beast before the manfriend gets home for dinner.

Inside my smoothie was:
2 ice cubes
1/2 frozen banana
handful of frozen berries
handful fresh local spinach
1/2 scoop rice protein powder
1 T sunflower butter

Random factoid: The manfriend calls me "half pint" because after one beer (or glass of wine), I'm totally done for. What can I say? I'm a cheap date.

Comments

Lindsey said…
That's awesome you worked out 4 times today! Way to go!

I need to try one of Jay's classes one of these days... they sound really good (as in really hard).
Holy cannasta! Well done, Lauren! Getting one workout in is a challenge for me (although I have gotten much better about this and workout 4-5 days/week). So doing multiple workouts in one day? Impressive!!

That's funny about you being a cheap date - I am the same way, depending on what I am drinking! Some things hit me SUPER fast.
J said…
yum yum the Smoothie looks so good! Great job on all the workouts! One of these days I will run to work!
Cute nickname :) We used to call my little Sis that...but then she grew taller than me. Dangit.

I'm not sure I would've survived all of those workouts, but yup, definitely would've been up for the challenge! Way to go - 3 for 3 on the bike challenge!
Amber said…
I LOVE fitting in multiple workouts a day! Lately I've been choosing sleep over working out in the morning but today I'm planning on a lunchtime run and then strength training after work!
Anonymous said…
What's the brand of protein powder you use?
Erin- I currently use Rainbow Light Rice protein powder that I got at Evergreen Nutrition. It does have a bit of a taste to it bc of the spirulina and other ingredients in it, but in a smoothie like this I don't usually notice it. If I want a lighter taste, I use a GeniSoy soy protein. I really try not to use either very often and just on occasion. Especially, with soy though bc I try not to have too much of it.

I've also heard others who really like Sun Warrior protein powder, but it's spendy.

Popular Posts