Pizza Night!

This pizza thing makes a regular appearance around this household. I mean, why not? It's tasty, easy to make and fairly healthy. That's right, I said h-e-a-l-t-h-y.

We're not talking your usual Domino's stuffed crust style. I'm talking the limited cheese, veggies added type made with your own two hands!

I had bought an extra dough at Trader Joe's last weekend and it needed to be used. Because we went to Lifeforce tonight and did some yoga, weights and burpees, I figured we had earned our pizza fair and square.

Tonight's ingredients:

Trader Joe's garlic and herb pizza dough
marinara sauce
TJ's goat cheese
Tillamook sharp cheddar
spinach
baby tomaters
TJ's sliced salami
carmelized onions
cremini mushrooms
red pepper flakes
cracked pepper

I know someday I should make pizza dough from scratch, but it's just too easy to grab the good stuff from Trader Joe's. Who else is with me on this?



Oh and it should be noted that I did 25 burpees today at Lifeforce Fit w/out a sports bra on. Yeah, major woredrobe FAIL. I hate forgetting a sports bra. Like I've said before, it's kind of a woman runner's prized possesion. You gotta keep the girls in place...

Okay, back to the CMA Awards. They're pretty entertaining tonight w/ Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley hosting. And yes, I'm a country girl at heart. G'night!

Comments

Gracie said…
I LOVE homemade pizza, it's my fast food! But I definitely make my own dough. It's simple, and I can whip it up any time.
Karen Evans said…
Thanks for the idea! I've always seen the TJ's pizza dough but haven't purchased it before :)
Yum - that looks just delish! I have a mix for a GF pizza crust in my cupboard that I have been meaning to try. I am a bit nervous as it says to mix it until it's a 'cake batter' consistency and then pour it on the pan... and that just sounds odd for pizza dough? So I hope it doesn't totally suck...
"I should make pizza dough from scratch" -> Who else is with you? THIS GIRL. Which you know. I've yet to attempt the dough, because I can't bear the thought of screwing up Pizza night if it doesn't taste good...haha. Ugh.

25 Burpees? You're a machine. A strong STRONG machine.

Popular Posts