You know what?

I took a rest day today. And it felt so good. When I looked at last weeks workout regime on Sunday, I realized the body needed a little TLC in the form of a rest day.

After skipping the group run last night to do 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of sweaty spinning, these legs appreciated another day without pounding.

Usually, I feel a little guilty and say things to myself like "Maybe I should just go for a short run?" or "I could just do a little weight lifting at home." But not today. Today, the rest felt simply gratifying.

By the way, have you checked out Lisa's 10 Days of Thanksgiving? It's such a clever idea. Each post makes me think of something I'm similarly thankful for. Like the other day, when I saw a homeless person sitting in the rain eating, I said a little prayer and was thankful I have a warm, dry place to sleep and relax because not everyone is so lucky.

Feel free to leave us a link in the comments if you've done a recent Thanksgiving inspired post! I'm feeling a little behind the eight ball in getting into the holiday spirit. It feels like it's crunch time to dig out some Thanksgiving type recipes and cook them simply because it's mid November.

Comments

Amber said…
I alwwayyysss feel guilty when I take rest days but our bodies need them!!

I love Lisa's 10 days of thanksgiving series :-)
I have been taking a lot of rest days lately... and it makes me feel super guilty... I had the best intentions to get back on track this week. And then the barrister came down with a nasty bug and I seem to be in the beginning stages of catching that bug... so instead of going to the gym I came home and layed low last night. I do plan on going tonight, though. Maybe i can run this stupid bug out of me!

Thanks for the shout out about my thanksgiving posts. :) I find that they help me get into the spirit of the holidays. I'm always focusing on what I don't have, or what I want, or what I am working towards. It's nice to stop once a year and focus on all the great things I already have in my life. :)

Popular Posts