What?

You don't make butternut squash apple soup after a long, stressful day at work? Surely, I'm not the only one who occasionally takes her stress out on a big pan of fall goodness while listening to soothing piano music.

I've brought you reports of this goodness before, but this time I put a little apple spin on it. Basically, take Joy's fabulous recipe and chop up 3 apples in chunks and cook alongside the squash and pumpkin for 30 min or so.

I topped mine with some honey greek yogurt and a little feta!

Now prepare yourself for a photo frenzy...

Tastes good

Creamy, sweet and tart

I seriously looove the Buddha bowls I bought from Kath's OpenSky store.

This is one of the uglier race shirts I've received. Luckily, the Portland Marathon gave us two shirts - a long sleeve finisher's tech shirt and this dirty dishwater shirt.

Mmm good! I hope you enjoyed that little photo series brought to you by the manfriend. I think just looking at these photos cheered me up a bit.

A few of the key songs I listened to while writing this:
Etta James - Sunday Kind of Love
Sade - By Your Side
Darius Rucker - Drinkin' and Dialin'
Sara Barielles - Love Song
Kanye West - School Spirit
The White Stripes - Icky Thump

Talk about random, eh? Yeah, my playlist is pretty much all over the board. I love all kinds of music. What's your favorite method of stress relief?

Comments

Kristin said…
I have to agree about the Portland race shirts! What's with the not-white that already looked like it was old? Not to mention the garish design...who knew roses could look so tacky? :)
Yeah, it's pretty bad! And what I'm blocking is the hideous train going through the middle cuz apparently nothing says Oregon like a train??
Gracie said…
I'm with you. Warm, creamy pumpkin or squash soup with a dollop of cumin-flavored sour cream = comfort food!
Apples! Brilliant. That definitely would've been a good addition to my soup last night :) Should've read this sooner!

I usually destress by reading, running or cooking. Or, all of the above in some sequence ;)
Amber said…
Ummm YUM! That soup looks so good and I have to try it!

I like my Portland Marathon t-shirt lol! Mostly because it fits me really good and race shirts are always usually too small or too big for me!
liz said…
If I'm stressed I sleep! That's usually the cure-all! That recipe sounds so interesting, sweet and savory huh?
You remind me of my younger sister - she would totally go home and make a new recipe or something like that after a stressful day. Me? I'd eat a baked potato. :) It's my comfort food, though.

On a stressful day, I like to run. Then take a nice long shower, sit in my pj's, and either knit or read. Knitting is super relaxing because it's repetitive and I get into a rhythm and it is just really soothing for me. :)

Popular Posts