Halloween & back to boot camp

After dinner, carving and watching most of the Duck football game, we headed over to the neighbors' for party #1. After an hour or so, we moved on to the runners party where we knew more peeps.

Both parties had some awesome costumes. But I'll start with ours first.

First, Dr. McDreamy

And the reinforcement. I think my hat resembled the Statue of Liberty's crown thing.

Costume: Tar-get, police detective accessories: Fred Meyer, lipstick: Cover Girl

Have you seen the Double Rainbow Youtube? There were four of them dressed as the double rainbow. Pretty funny now that I've actually watched the video.

Same costumes, only one is shorter...

A rocker doing his thing

Everyone's safe at this party, the doctor has his stethoscope.

It was a super fun night even though we were sort of racing from one place to the next. When we got home around midnight, my throat was starting to hurt more just from being out and about. I still have yet to kick this cold completely!

Perhaps another run tonight and pizza with the running group will do the trick? Mhm...crossing my fingers.

Wednesday starts my return to boot camp also known as Lifeforce Fit! And guess who will be joining me?? The manfriend! He's excited to get his butt core whipped into shape for the cycling season. I just can't wait to see how much he sweats.

What is Lifeforce Fit? It's a 90 min intense class with yoga as a warm up and cool down, strength training with your bodyweight and dumb bells, ab/core work with various exercises and balance balls, pull ups and push ups, lots of jumping things (i.e. burpees or jump squats) and inspirational messages. The owner, Jay is great about pushing you, while not making you hate class. I really dislike the drill sergeant type instructors.

What's your most hated or hardest exercise? The burpee is it for me. I recently did them at home (during The Fitnessista's Int/Adv winter workout), by myself and it wasn't THAT bad, but it's pretty darn painful when you're doing 20+ of them.

Comments

Amber said…
Omg I LOVE the manfriends costume - he does look kind of like McDreamy ;-)

And you, my dear, look HOT in your police costume!!!

Sounds like a fun night! My favourite part about Halloween is seeing all the costumes!! Some people have some really good ones!
We did Burpees at the CrossFit class I tried last week - OUCH. They seem easy enough, until you have absolutely no energy and have to somehow get down and up and jump and o-m-g. Ha, I hurt for ya! Enjoy that butt kickin'!
Okay, you are hard core! Lifeforce Fit and you just finished training for a marathon...? I am jealous. Wish I was as motivated.

Best doctor to have as a manfriend...a pretend one! Yes, I am opinionated.
liz said…
I don't even watch the show and I think he resembles that character! You look pretty sassy too, and the double rainbow is hilarious can't believe I hadn't heard of more like that!
Your costumes were awesome! He really pulled off the McDreamy look and you were quite the hot cop! Love it!

That bootcamp class sounds awesome!

For me, the toughest thing we do in my body pump class are these hover moves where you alternate tapping your foot to the side and then an arm to the side. I pretty much couldnt' do it which showed i have no core strength.... :( Working on it, though!
You'll get there Lisa. I think I've done that move during my Jilian dvd workouts and it's tough.

Popular Posts