Granola, Laguna Hills and Beautiful Berries

Thanks for everyone's great thoughts and comments on the dress situation. Crazy how much we can analyze little things that aren't such a big deal. Apparently, several of you liked that purple dress.

After seeing some recipes recently for homemade granola around the bloggies, I decided to make some of my own. Remember when I made some a few months ago? Plus, I just have been getting the baking itch and this seemed to fulfill that need without being too time consuming.

In the mix we have...almonds, dried apricots, cranberries, coconut, unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon, agave syrup, maple syrup and of course, oats.




After it was cooked and stirred at 400 for 20+ min, it was good to go!

And today's outfit. T shirt: Tar-get, Skirt: Banana Republic Outlet, Shoes: Tar-get

Love the stripes on this skirt with a touch of gold.

Now just look at these babies I picked up at the farmer's market today on the lunch hour! So juicy. Popped most of them in the freezer for future use. But I can't wait to use a few on tomorrow's cereal. Mmm...


Well, it's almost bed time. Manfriend is getting home LATE after a quick work trip down to Laguna Hills, CA for work. Can't wait to see if he reports that it looks anything like the show Laguna Beach. In the mean time, I'm watching Little Couple on TLC. Bill and Jen are the cutest couple. Is anyone else a fan?

No nail biting July update: I admit, there's been failure! I know, I know. I bit two of my nails. Anywho, the rest are still quite long and I scheduled a mani/pedi for next week. Pedicures are absolutely one of my favorite things to have done, right behind a full body massage. And with that, I'm out. Night!

Comments

liz said…
That looks so delicious, minus the coconut :)
I must make some this summer I love granola!
Your outfit is fabulous by the way, love!
Amber said…
I made homemade granola a few months ago and it was really good and much cheaper! I must try it again!
Gracie said…
When I make granola I like to add in some orange juice concentrate during the step when you heat the liquids up. YUM.
PS. Go buy the purple dress.
Gracie-You're cracking me up with the purple dress thing. And orange juice concentrate sounds fabulous. I even had some in my freezer. Damn! Next time...
This comment has been removed by the author.
I was doing so so w/ the nail biting. Then I sort of broke a nail, so bit one other nail. Not good. I just can't stop myself sometimes!!!

The granola looks awesome!!
kdubs said…
Your legs are looking fierce in that photo L. Nice work. Hope you are feeling better. Have fun at the wedding.

Popular Posts