Fourth Fashion

By now it's pretty obvious to see that my outfit photos are not ideal, but I do enjoy talking fashion, so here goes. I was thinking about patterns recently and holidays and how patterns can remind us of special days. Stripes for example...totally Independence Day. Plaids...Christmas. Browns and oranges...fall.

I snagged this dress back in April when I thought it was going to be warm for good. It hung in my closet for three months until the sun decided to show it's pretty face again. The baby blue and white stripes and the seersucker material scream summer and 4th of July parties.

I won't be wearing this for the holiday, but I do plan to incorporate some of the important colors and patterns into my outfit.


Do you dress in specific colors or patterns for specific holidays? I definitely wear red a lot more around Christmas than I do any other time of the year, even though I like the color. And white makes a regular appearance in the summer. Wore my white pants on Wednesday and a white jean jacket yesterday!

What are you whipping up for the 4th? I'm making a greek inspired salad and maybe a sweet treat to take to a family BBQ on Monday, the 5th. Here's a yummy berry trifle your family and friends would love!

Manfriend and I are hopping in the car in a few hours for the weekend! I hope everyone has relaxing and fun plans for the holiday! Marathon training shall include: a few long bike rides and a 12-14 mile run in a new place! I'll definitely be bringing the Garmin.

Comments

You look adorable! I love that dress!

I don't really change up my color pallette based on the season, aside from only wearing white pants in the summer.

I am heading up to the cabin after work tonight. Will be doing an 11 mile run there tomorrow. Not really lookign forward to it as there isn't a great place to run up there... But I will just have to make do!
Raquelita said…
I'm going with stripes tonight to festively celebrate my husband's successful PhD defense and watch fireworks.

I love your dress! It is the picture of summertime fun!
Amber said…
I *TRY* to wear more colours in the summer. I'm not always successful though. I love that dress, it just screams SUMMER!
Unknown said…
Super cute dress, I love the ruffle at the top!
siri said…
Look how cute you are! Does that happen to be a haltered striped seersucker dress? If so, I have a green one VERY similar. It screams 4th of July.

Popular Posts