Needing dress recommendations

Okay, here's the deal. I have two weddings to attend in August.

Wedding #1 is in Portland for my cousin's wedding. He and his fiance are 25. The wedding will be outside at the Rhododendron Garden and the reception will be at a rooftop terrace.

Wedding #2 is in Monterey, CA for one of my hippy chic college roommates and another good friend whom I took journalism classes with. The wedding will be outdoors and the reception is at the old whaling station. This one will be a little more fancy than #1 me thinks, yet still laid back.

Anywho, I NEED dress/brand recommendations. I've scoured JCrew, Modcloth, Nordstrom, Shabby Apple and Anthropologie. Any other ideas? And how much are you generally willing to spend for special occasion dresses? Or should I just dig something out of my closet?

End note: While I love love love strapless dresses, when I get to dancing (which usually happens at weddings), I definitely need some straps. I learned the hard way last summer at another college friend's wedding. I was yanking my dress up approx. every 10 seconds while we were on the dance floor, of which was at least an hour.

Comments

Aron said…
Monterey!!! fun :)

I tend to look at all those stores and also have bought a number of cute ones from Banana Republic. Sometimes I will go through the Nordies or Bloomingdales online sale section and have found some great ones there too. Good luck!!
Run Jess Run said…
Check out Garnet Hill. They've got some cute stuff & are having a sale right now.
Gracie said…
Ann Taylor Loft usually has cute dresses.
Anonymous said…
My FAVORITE new site to browse/shop on is this : http://www.shopruche.com/ . I love that it's more "vintage/original" looking - and have found some Great stuff for pretty decent prices :)
Runner Leana said…
J. Crew is pretty well my go to for dresses. Have you checked out their sale section online? They have some really cute ones available.
Thanks for all the great suggestions, ladies! I'm still searching through with your suggestions and weighing the options that are hanging in my closet.

Popular Posts