Just call me grandma

Friday night I met my friends in Portland for dinner and beer at the New Old Lompoc. I had a portobello mushroom sandwich w/ a side salad that was just so so. I also had a fresh grapefruit drink and a pale ale.


After a while, we moved on to a bar called the Gypsy for their Fish Bowls!


Pomegranate Fish Bowl shared by five of us! It was pretty strong, but tasty and even had sweedish fish candies at the bottom!


Cool hat shop we passed. Made me want to find a reason to wear a hat, ya know?

Three of us headed home around 10 PM while the other three stayed out past midnight for more fun. Let's just say I was exhausted by 10. I would never have made it 'til midnight. By the time we got back to my friend J's house, chatted and hit the lights for bed, it was midnight. My eyes snapped shut in a few seconds flat.

Next up: recap and fun photos of the Portland Farmer's Market! Did anyone make it to the local market this weekend?

I hope you're enjoying you're Sunday evening! Manfriend is grilling some yummy chicken and beef burgers and I have a salad (with lettuce from our garden) and a watermelon all ready to go. Oh, and Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde Ale is officially my summer beer of choice. Last summer it was Bud Light Lime. Do you have a summer drink of choice?

Comments

Amber said…
Awww looks fun! I get way to tired going out now-a-days too though! Can't hack it anymore haha!
Sounds like a fun weekend! I am terrible at staying out late - especially on Friday nights. I just get so exhauasted by Friday, I am not much good after 10 pm.

My fave summer drink is probably a well made margarita. Or, I also love Rhubarb Slush that my mom makes. It's so so so good! And a great way to use up a ton of rhubarb since it calls for something like 12 cups of chopped rhubarb. It's sweet and tart and delicious!
Run Jess Run said…
Oberon from Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo, MI! It's similar to Blue Moon in the orangy flavor, but isn't as bitter as Blue Moon.

...and PBR isn't so bad if you need something cheap:)
Erin said…
I'm going with that minty lime cooler thingy I made for my dinner party! I've already made two more batches just for me! I'm not a fan of beer (as in - can't even finish a bottle most times), but I would agree that PBR is the best I've had. I'm thinking its because it's so watered down that there isn't much 'beer' flavor to it.
Run Jess Run- Yes, I've wanted to try Bell's beer bc the manfriend is from a small town near Kalamazoo.

Erin-Yes, that minty lime drink was awesome!

Popular Posts