Who says Pumpkin Season has to end?

I know some people choose to abandon pumpkin as fall turns to winter. But I think I'll keep using it as long as the stores keep stocking it.

First, I wanted to share with you the ingredients for my favorite pumpkin snack these days. Sometimes I add plain oats and make a version of this for an overnight oats breakfast.

But most days, I mix 3 T pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup honey greek yogurt, a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and ginger and add a little homemade granola and chia seeds.

It's not only pretty, but it's healthy and it tastes like pumpkin pie!

And now, the pumpkin cinnamon buns I'd been itching to make, courtesy of We Are Not Martha. These ladies sure know what they're doing in the kitchen!

Don't be deceived. This process wasn't quick and easy, but I wanted to capture the fun sections.

Two hours start to finish and finally, I had these beauties...

Oh and it SNOWED last night in Eugene. This is about a once a year occasion so it's a pretty big deal. In fact, most of the schools around here are closed. Icy roads + people who aren't used to driving in this kind of weather = no bueno.

Happy Holidays! What recipes are you busting out this week either for the holiday spirit or your contribution for a Thanksgiving feast? The baking bug definitely bit me this week.

Comments

Amber said…
I still have THREE cans of pumpkin in my cupboard so it's definitely not ending anytime soon for me!! Lol
Yum, that pumpkin puree looks really yummy. Might have to give that a whirl.

I am not making a single thing for Thanksgiving... how bad is that? :P I will help out in the kitchen where I can, but my biggest contribution will be helping with dishes which is quite the task since there are so many of us and my mom uses her nice china which = everything must be hand washed.
YUM! Pumpkin season certainly DOESn't have to end! And these look incredible, girl. I want to make some!
Erin said…
Oh yum yum yum!! I am a pumpkin fanatic and the stuff you made looks SO delish! Here is one of MY favorite Pumpkin Recipes. It's courtesy of my friend, Claire-- who is a culinary expert :)

Pumpkin Crunch
1 16 oz can solid pack pumpkin
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg yellow or butter flavored cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter, melted
whipped topping

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan.
2. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl or mixer. Pour into pan.
3. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter.
4. Bake for 50-55 min or until golden and toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool completely and serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Thanks for sharing that recipe, Erin! I'll have to try it.
Gracie said…
I make pumpkin cinnamon rolls, too, and I usually freeze half the dough. So I think I can treat myself this weekend after my marathon. It's like Thanksgiving all over again ;-)
Haley said…
I've never thought of adding pumpkin puree with yogurt..looks delish! New here, but loving it so far :) Thanks for sharing!
Oh WOW those pumpkin cinnamon rolls look delicious! I might have to bust those out today - we have a few cans of pumpkin left and the thought of abandoning them did not cross my mind :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Laura said…
That yogurt recipe looks AWESOME - I am so in for it.

One warning: don't be like me circa 2009 who overdosed on Vitamin A thanks to my love of pumpkin, squash, carrots, etc. Only a problem really if you take a multivitamin that includes a lot of Vitamin A and THEN eat all that pumpkin-y goodness.

Popular Posts