Second day soreness and the knee

Sunday after my long run and manfriend's long ride and some refueling, we wanted to escape the heat so we headed to the lake, which is just 20 min from our house. It was a fun chance to let the dog cool off and put on my first swim suit of summer! I even hopped in the lake for a bit.

I wanted to show you an update on the wound healing. The elbow doesn't look too bad, but the knee is still taking it's sweet time to heal since I lost a good chunk of skin thanks to the pavement.

It's about half the size it was originally...magically shrinking!

And how about some yoga on the deck?
Please note: this is my new summer outfit a la Tar-get. I bought the shorts, tank and swim suit all there last Fri on my lunch hour. Quite a successful shopping trip if I do say so myself!

Second day Soreness: As I've said before, the second day after a hard workout is always the peak of soreness. Monday I opted to skip the group run and head to boot camp for a good yoga/weights session.

What's making my butt, inner thighs and abs sore are those:
40 jump squats with weights
50 sit ups (old school)
40 low squats
50 sit ups (25 old school/25 bicycle)
40 low squats
50 sit ups (25 old school/25 bicycle)

Whew! It definitely made yesterday's runs a bit harder. I decided to fit in a lunch on the run. I strapped on a small backpack w/ $ and my ID and ran along the river for 2 miles. My first stop was the bank to cash a check. Then I ran a few blocks over to the farmer's market to get some locally grown, organic spinach. And then it was time to run the 2 miles back to the office. In 1 hour, I accomplished: 4mi run, bank stop, farmer's market and my Vitamin D intake for the day! After work, I did another 2.5 miles before heading to manfriend's bike race.

Has anyone else tried Amber's errands on the run? Do you ever fit in daily double runs to get in your assigned mileage? I always feel hardcore when I complete two runs, even if one is fairly short.

Happy humpday! This week seems to be creeping along for me. Can't wait for the weekend!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Target shopping trips never Fail ;) I love that you can fit in lunch-runs. I'd be a sweaty HOT mess if I tried that gig around here. I'd also probably get runover; sadly I work in a not-running/walking-conducive high-traffic intersection. not for long though... ;)
I heart Target! It's one of my top favorite stores!

Now if I could just not spend any more than $50 per trip that would be great!
I've never done errands on the run... I feel like I would be such a hot mess!

I love that melon/orange color on you!
Gracie said…
If I got a lunch break, I'd run during it :(
Jen Feeny said…
You are too cute! Glad you're healing up!
Amber said…
Ouch! That looks painful!! I took a big chunk off my knee in the summer of 2008 and STILL have a giant scar. Though, mine was more of a drunken incident... sigh.

Yay for errands on the run! Although, I must admit, I haven't done them again since that day! Hehe

Popular Posts