It's all about your attitude

I have some fun posts on the horizon, but they still need some work. Alas, I've been taking a few more outfit photos, perhaps because the weather's getting nicer and it inspires my clothing choices.

Sweater: Old Navy, top: LOFT, belt: JCrew, khakis: American Eagle, flats: Nicole

Jess LC braille necklace that says "Dream Bigger"


Also, this week is TRI week! I can't believe the race is almost here. But, I'm happy to say that I don't feel super freaked out about it because...
  • I mapped out a rough training plan (even if I didn't really follow it)
  • I've done a few brick workouts
  • I upped my swimming to twice a week (ugh, tomorrow morn is an early one)
  • I have the experience of dealing with transitions from last year's duathalon
  • I have a good attitude about my first triathlon ever!


Despite all of my training, I haven't done nearly enough cycling OUTDOORS (I've been attached to the indoor trainer thanks to craptastic weather) and I absolutely despise the thought of swimming in a lane with 4+ people, which will most likely be my luck come Saturday. But no matter what happens, I'm going to try to keep a positive attitude. I think that's one of the most important parts of enjoying your first ever race of any kind.

I also don't have any specific time goals because I've never done a sprint tri before so I'm just going for the FINISH. After several marathons where I was gunning for 3:40 deep down in my soul, just finishing seems like a snap!

*For those of you who asked about a black bean recipe, here it is! I posted it in the comments, but since I know y'all don't check back after you comment, I thought I'd share it here. I forgot that I had posted previously about making Black Bean Fiesta Burgers step by step. Seriously, you NEED to make these pronto!

Comments

Emily said…
I know what you mean about the weather. I dress like a slob all winter but then once it gets nice I finally put in effort and like to dress up. This weekend I bought 4 new sundresses. And it's still like 27 in the morning here...

Can't wait for your race!!
Lindsey said…
Good luck at your tri this weekend!! And have FUN!
Amber said…
Oooh great outfit. Love the colour of that top!
Very cute :) as much as I love lulu clothes, I'm excited to start 'dressing' myself for work again. Haha, I kind of miss the stylish shopping and trendy biz-casual stuff!

I can't believe your Tri is already here!!! but it's an indoor swim, yes? That seems so much more manageable (not Easy, manageable ;) ) to me. The open-water thing...blech...
Thanks for sharing your black bean burger recipe! Sounds delish.

And good luck with your tri this weekend!!
You always look so put together! I wish you could come over and plan outfits for me. ;) Also, I always love your accessories. I think we have the same taste in clothes AND accessories. I love accessories on other people but never shop for them for myself...

Good luck on the upcoming tri - you'll do great!!

Popular Posts