Mish Mash

I'm glad you guys enjoyed my recovery techniques. You'll be happy to know I've taken the past two days easy on the workout front. Sometimes, you just have to. The manfriend reminds me "sometimes you've gotta go slower to get faster." He's so smart...

Yesterday, I forced myself not to do much other than my favorite challenging yoga for runners podcast (the 20 min version is free). I also had a massage scheduled midday to help my body recover from the two tough workouts I put it through over the weekend.

Today, I hit the pool for a quick gym session (they have a small funky gym upstairs) of elliptical, bike and strength followed by 45 minutes of laps and aqua jogging. My body felt totally blissful afterward. Because I was sneezing all afternoon, I passed up the chance to ride after work in the sun for a little R & R (and lawn mowing).

I didn't say much about my brick workout on Saturday, but I ended up cramming in 3 sets of 20 minutes on the bike trainer, followed by 1 mile run outside. It took me just over 90 minutes to finish the 60 min (~15 miles total) of spinning and 3 miles of running. It was not only fun because I was constantly switching gears (mentally and physically), but also because it really got me sweaty. My neighbors probably thought I was crazy running in and out of the house with various articles of running attire.

And because I figure you're tired of hearing about swimming, biking and running, I thought I'd give you a few outfit photos from today. It's really hard taking a picture of yourself in the mirror you dragged out into the hallway.

I'm not sure what my hair is doing these days, but I'm positive I don't like it. The grow out phase sucks. I'm tempted to just chop it.

I rocked the jean jacket for the morning to keep me a little warmer, but otherwise it was just the sweater and pants.

I still love this Jess LC necklace with its mix of gold and silver.

jean jacket: Old Navy, necklace: Jess LC, navy sweater: LOFT, pants: Halogen (thrifted), shoes: Target

Do you have a favorite piece of jewelry you never take off or consider your signature piece? Sometimes, my "signature piece" is my Nike watch. That's what happens when you're a runner.

Okay, I've gotta scurry off to sleep. It's past my bedtime! Last night I was in bed by 9:30 pm. Now THAT is what I call a win.

Comments

Love the outfit! You always look so pulled together! I esp like that necklace - so pretty!

That's great that you got a massage - you def earned that! I think I might book a massage for the evening after I take a 6 hour finance exam next month... I figure I will have some tension in my body to work out after that!
Amber said…
GREAT outfit! I love how you are rocking the jean jacket. I think my goal this summer will be to find a fab jean jacket!
Carmy said…
My signature piece when I run is a cross on a chain. I found it in our guest bathroom and I asked my brother if he had left when he moved out and he said no. I figured it was a gift from God. Whenever I race, I have to have it on.
Run Jess Run said…
I have that same jean jacket! I do enjoy it.

Popular Posts