St Paddy's Day Smoothie

This morning I woke up at 5:53 am to hit the pool for some lappage. No, that's not a word and it's okay. As soon as I got home, I had my mind set on something green for St. Paddy's Day. If you can't already tell, I'm kind of a holiday whore (not that kind, just obsessed with holidays).

Into the blender went: spinach, ice, frozen banana, oats, mint extract (although I wouldn't recommend it), cinnamon, plain yogurt and a little coconut.

My goggle eyes and wet hair are just for you.

Some organic granola to add a little extra crunchy crunch

I try not to inhale these smoothies, but they go down so easily.

And here's my totally fashionable "we're cleaning out the work storage today" St. Paddy's outfit for you.

Anyone who tries to tell me this sweater isn't green will have to answer to JCrew - it's mint julep, thank you very much.

Are you doing anything festive for the holiday? After getting in my SPEED workout, I'll definitely be looking for a pint of beer somewhere.

Edited to add: I had to change "St. Patty's" to "St. Paddy's" after hearing controversy on twitter about the spelling. Apparently, in Ireland Patty refers to a woman and Paddy refers to a man. In other words, St. Patrick = St. Paddy and St. Patricia would = St. Patty. Now you know.

Anyway, it irked the grammar stickler in me that I wasn't correct in my spelling. I also think it's just an American thing because we would think Patty would be the short version of Patrick because of the 't' in the word. Anywho, I digress...

Comments

Amber said…
PAINTING!

And, ironically enough, we're painting OVER the green paint in our bathroom. Heh.

Love your outfit!!!
I am not doing anything festive for the holiday. I am so lame! I told my co-workers to please have a drink for me. Instead of joining the celebrations, I went to the gym and now i am getting ready to study. Yee haw. But I did go out for sushi last night, so I can't really feel sorry for myself!!

Popular Posts