Random Friday

This week's been a little random so I thought I'd share.

A Tuesday night spent wine tasting with the girls is extra special because it's Tuesday and heck, I rarely go out on a week night. And, King Estate has a beautiful tasting bar.

And the wine isn't bad either. I ended up taking home a bottle of the 2009 next pinot noir.



Yesterday, we got a bit of snow that the rest of the country sees more frequently. Around here, a few inches of snow closes down most of the schools because we don't have the proper infrastructure to clear the roads quickly and people just don't know how to drive in it. With a little sun, it was mostly gone by the afternoon.



While the snow is no longer falling, we're still having a COLD streak. I did an easy 3 miler this morning in 20 degree temps. Yikes! I know, I know, I shouldn't complain. Next week we'll be back to rain and 40 degree temps.

I made these lemon-blueberry muffins this morning (with a touch extra sugar). Mmm...the perfect breakfast muffin!

This guy is spending the weekend at a bike show in Austin, TX. I'm jealous of the 70-80 degree temps they're having.

It should also be mentioned that this guy ate 18 servings (well, 17 - I had one) of these Hawaiian Sweet Maui Onion chips in 24 hrs. Yup, he polished off the bag. Unbelievable.

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? I'm looking forward to a weekend of doing whatever the heck I want. But don't you worry, I have a long list prepared. Who's watching the Oscars? I'll probably watch, but I have only seen a few movies that are nominated so I'll be tuning in more for the dresses.

Comments

Amber said…
Wine tasting looks so fun! And whoa, that is a lot of snow for you guys!

I am so busy this weekend. Tomorrow I basically work all day between freelance + yoga studio :(

Sunday we might go snowboarding if it warms up!

We don't have cable but I might try to watch the Oscars online.
Emily said…
mmmmm wine!

I am definitely watching the oscars. My man friend is way into movies and its his bday on Sunday. He has seen every nominated film and it's all he wants to do to celebrate!

I'm also jealous of your biking boy. 70-80 and biking? awesome.
Amber-hope you find some down time this weeekend you busy bee!

Emily-well, he'll be working inside a convention center most of the time, but he does get to talk about bikes the entire time. :)
Wow I would definitely rather be in Austin right now than this cold weather! We got a dusting of snow, too, after a few weeks of spring-like sunshine. Dangit!

Have a great weekend over there! :) xo
That wine tasting looks like so much fun! We are having a cold spell here, too. Ugh. It was below zero w/ the windchill today. I am so over winter! It might get up to 30 on Sunday - yippee!!

I have a quiet weekend ahead of me... Just dinner w/ a couple tomorrow night and then lots and lots of studying. It will be nice to hole up in my condo because it's also supposed to snow a little bit every day between now & Mon so it's a good weekend ot hibernate!
Lindsey said…
I loved the snow this week! We got about 4 inches at our house.

Have a great weekend!
lemon blueberry muffins sound tasty! my weekend plans unfortunately have revolved around homework for the most part. i think i'm going to take some of the required readings down to the beach though! :)

Popular Posts