Portland Tour de Food

This weekend we headed up to Portland for a little getaway. My brother lives there so it's nice to be able to see him and get a free night's stay. Friday night we headed north and made it in time for some delicious fresh pasta and relaxing with the bro and his girlfriend.

Saturday was a day of delicious eats. The four of us started the day off right with one of my favorite restaurants, Mother's Bistro. We shared one of their gooey cinnamon rolls (I can't resist) before ordering our meals.



We took a little walk to the mall to digest the food and get some duds (pants for the bro, sweatshirt for the manfriend and shoes for me). Then we headed to the Hawthorne area for some walking and more FOOD. I grabbed some fresh red pepper pasta from Pastaworks and an apple while drooling over their gorgeous displays of fine food. I don't know how you big city livin' people stay away from all of these temptations!



After a little Por que no? (delicious shrimp tacos and salad), we checked into our hotel downtown Portland so we could walk around and enjoy the city more. Weather was a bit cloudy with mild sprinkles, but not enough to stop us.


A dinner of appetizers and sweet views was enjoyed from the Portland City Grill's bar. Eats included pork sliders for the man, chicken rice bowl, california roll and salad rolls to share.


Then on to Henry's (I love this restaurant) for a few more drinks, a casual yet classy tavern atmosphere and a margherita flatbread pizza. Tummies happily stuffed. :)


I do love me a big city lit up at night.

The next morning I was in serious need of water and a decent sweat. Rather than heading out in the drizzle, I went to the awesome hotel gym to crank out some running miles, elliptical work and some abs. The heat was on in the room so I got a serious sweat on and it felt sooo good.


And no Tour de Food would be complete without one final carbolicious breakfast before leaving the city. Creme brulee french toast for him and blueberry pancakes for her. Coffee for both.



Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more running to do. I'm not looking at the scale until next week. :)

Comments

Amber said…
Love the pictures of you and Pete! You guys are looking great!

All that food looks omg-to-die-for-delicious. I'm jealous :)

This post made me miss Portland and our meeting in October!!!
Gracie said…
Mmmmmm. Fresh red pepper pasta sounds delicious.
Yum, looks like a great and delicious getaway for you, too! Makes me miss Portland, you, and Manfriend! Love the photos of you two - you are such a cute couple!
I'm glad you all enjoyed the tour de food. It was a fun weekend for sure!

Popular Posts