Weekend Wedding Festivities

Let me set the scene for you. The wedding was at the Rhododendron Gardens in Portland at 3pm on Saturday. Per the usual, I realized at 1:45 that I still needed to iron and delint my dress, put on makeup, do my hair and change. Typical Lauren. So I raced around for the next 30 minutes until I was ready. We arrived at the gardens 15 minutes before the ceremony and stood around before the festivities began.

The bride, Erin is in medical school to become a pediatrician. The groom, Andrew (my cousin) is a physical therapy aide hoping to go back to school to become a therapist (me thinks).

Isn't this bike adorable? My cousin Andrew and his fiance Erin used it in their engagement photos.

We took some silly photos.

Manfriend loves it when I take pics of only him. :)

My family (minus the middle bro who was sprinting to get the rings that had been left in the car prior to the ceremony beginning).

And now for the wedding...

There was dancing down the aisle. Definitely a modern style wedding. It was fun to see my brother busting a move in front of a crowd.

Father and bride

My grandfather is a minister and performed their ceremony.


The bride's sister sang a beautiful song during the ceremony.


Post wedding photos...

Max, me, Kyle

The middle bro Kyle (and groomsman) and his girlfriend Sabrina who both live in Portland.

My favorite part of the wedding was the exchanging of vows. They both wrote their own vows and were crying as they read them. It made me tear up just a bit. What can I say, I just love LOVE!

The ceremony was over around 4pm, at which point I was getting woozy after my morning 18 miler and no lunch. We hung around for family photos and then drove to PF Changs for a little foodage before the reception where we weren't sure if there'd be much to eat.

Next up: the wedding reception and cupcakes! It would have been too much for one post.

What's your favorite part of weddings? What's one unique thing you've seen at a wedding that you loved? Mine would have to be the dresses, the color scheme and the flowers. And of course the vows. I think vows give you a peak into their relationship you don't often see. One unique thing: a barn turned reception and dancing area and signature cocktails named after the bride and groom.

Comments

Unknown said…
So Nice wedding Festivities. I have looking all photos.They are so beautiful and good.Your pair just amazing and wedding dress just awesome for me..Thanks for share your happy moment..

Carolina Wedding
Oh wow, what a cool wedding! The couple is gorgeous!

I was once at a winter wedding and instead of the bridesmaids carrying flowers down the aisle, they carried candle with some greenery around them - which were beautiful. It was an evening wedding and the lighting was low, so it was just gorgeous!

My favorite part of the wedding is when the brides walks down the aisle. I love the look on the bride & the father's face, and the look on the groom's face as he sees the bride approaching. It's the look of pure joy and love that gets me (and usually results in me tearing up regardless of how well I know the couple!). I also love the exchanging of the vows.

Thanks for sharing!
Amber said…
Looks like an amazing wedding!! I love outdoor weddings!

Also, you look SO much like your mom!!
Kayla said…
The wedding looks so fun! Dancing isn't in my style wedding but I would totally love to GO to a wedding with people so quirky and fun.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Run Jess Run said…
What a gorgeous wedding!! I could never get my dad or T to dance down the aisle!

You look a lot like your Mom!!
Heather C said…
Beautiful!! Luckily the weather held up for a gorgeous outdoor ceremony :) that bike is too cute - might be stealing that idea...heh

My favorite thing to see is DIY crafts - my brother's wife (whoa, first time saying that...) did a lot of those for their ceremony And reception, all of which turned out so cute!

Popular Posts