Back to reality

I'll check in for real hopefully tonight, but just wanted to say that yes, we came back from the cabin. We didn't want to. Sunsets, salt water, grandparents and wine can make a girl very happy.

And it was even harder to come back to work this morning. My head is still in a fog. I also did yard work and stayed in my pj's this morning as long as possible before racing to get to work for a meeting.

Manfriend loved the cabin and now wants to become a teacher so he has three months off every summer. I'm not gonna lie, that sounds pretty sweet to me too.

We were discussing the summer attitude on the long car ride home (5+ hrs). I've noticed how much more care free and less stressed I am during the summer than the rest of the year. I guess it helps when you're getting some Vitamin D regularly and always have another adventure to look forward to.

And at the same time, I'm really looking forward to pulling on jeans and sweaters this fall. It feels different this year than before. Perhaps I'm just appreciating each season for its own. We'll see what I think after a few straight months of rain and cold.

On the training front: Friday was a rest day. Saturday, I did a speedy 3 miles at the cabin with two steep hills (2 min each) and a 30 min walk with my grams. Sunday included 10 min dumb bells, 30 min yoga and physical therapy exercises on the deck. Monday was another brisk 30 min walk with grams and a 6.85 mi run with the group. Manfriend even made an appearance and busted out 5 or so miles!

During most of yesterday's run I could just feel the weakness of my left hip/glute. It's frustrating to know that it won't heal overnight. But I do know that after this marathon I want to take a break from racing for a bit and focus on getting that left side strong and my body balanced.

How's your week going? What's your current fitness challenge?

Comments

The humidity finally broke so this week has been fantastic so far. I did 5 miles this morning and it was only 55 degrees outside! Loved it. Makes such a difference to not run in 76 degrees + 91% humidity!!

I actually feel like I have been MORE stressed this summer... I think I sort of try to cram as much into my summer as possible since our summers are sort of short lived, so by the time Labor Day rolls around, I am sort of exhausted... I am really looking forward to fall rolling around as my schedule really opens up! But I know I should soak up the sunshine and enjoy summer while it lasts... Because when it's snowing like October or November, I am going to want to punch myself for complaining about the heat/humidity. ;)
right now I'm working on increasing my weight on the back track in Body Pump. Wide rows are so hard for me!
Anonymous said…
So manfriend runs, too?? Love the "walk with grams" addition to the exercise routine :)

Seriously, teachers' schedule is IDEAL. The pay may not be, but combining two incomes could work? ;)
Amber said…
Sounds AMAZING!! I can't wait for the little getaway we are going on in September, I desperately need to get AWAY from technology and work!
Gracie said…
I used to love summer nights, they seem so relaxing (especially with distant heat lightening). But these days I feel like the heat makes me so uncomfortable it's a stressor of its own.
Run Jess Run said…
...not gonna lie...the 3 months off is definitely a job perk!

Popular Posts