Errands by bike and your opinion needed

This morning I woke up just a wee bit tired and dehydrated from a fun barbecue last night. I took Jonah Bell for a walk and came back to start coffee and french toast to convince someone out of bed. He finally mosied out so I could lure him into my plans for the day. Muahhahaha!

We decided to hop on the bikes sans spandex (shocker, I know) in route to the farmer's market and a few other errands. I managed to escape the market with spending $20 and coming back with some fresh corn, red and green bell peppers, locally made orange and hazelnut choc cookies and a few goodies for my farmers market exchange box.

The manfriend snagged a few of these potato donut holes from a local bakery. It's definitely an effort in self restraint when I successfully pass baked goods without purchasing any!

Even with two bike locks around manfriend and my bikes, I was nervous the entire time about their safety. Gah. I hate having to worry about them so much.

We trucked on to the pharmacy and then my eye doctor office to browse their glasses selection. I'm in need of some new ones because a) I want some I can wear in public occasionally and b) manfriend thinks my current pair are nerdy. For reference, here they are.

Now here's where you come in, dear readers! Tell me which pair you like better, a) or b)?


It was really hard to choose when I was at the office so they let me check them out for a few days to try. After looking at these photos, I'm pretty sure I know which pair I'll choose.

After that, we rode over to Cafe Yumm so the manfriend could fill his belly. Cafe Yumm is great because it offers a healthy, fairly affordable menu with quick service. Their standard dish is the yumm bowl, which includes rice, black beans, olives, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, cheese and yumm sauce. I snacked on a Cherry Pie Lara bar so I could enjoy some leftover BBQ eats when we got home.

We rolled into the driveway with full bags and 13 miles of riding completed. It felt nice to do our errands by bike and actually enjoy a Saturday in town!

Did you make it to your farmer's market today? Do you wear glasses or contacts?I've worn glasses and contacts since 4th grade, but have never liked how I looked in glasses. Here's to hoping I like this new pair enough to wear around more often!

Okay, time for some rest. We have a birthday dinner to attend tonight and another attempt at 20 miles tomorrow. Wish me luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And just in case you haven't heard the news about the newly created Healthy Living Blogs site, check it out! It's such a great resource to find more bloggers writing about their food, fitness and living healthy. As if I need more blogs to add to my google reader... ;)

Healthy Living Blogs is a new resource for the health blogging community. Created by Lindsey of Sound Eats, HLB is a site designed to enhance the positive community of the healthy living blog world. Bloggers and readers can explore the site and find more blogs to love, bloggers in their area, and forums to deepen healthy discussion and support. If you're interested in having your site listed on HLB, simply send the following information to healthylivingblogs@gmail.com and check the site out for yourself!

  • Email subject line: MEMBERS

  • Your name (please share if you prefer to go by first name, first and last, or however you prefer to be known on the Internet)

  • Blog Name

  • Blog URL (please start with http://, not www.)

  • Your twitter handle, if applicable

  • Your location (if you prefer not to disclose this information for privacy's sake, that is completely understandable. We'll simply include your blog listing in the A-Z listing, not by location, too)

  • Any specific labels (i.e. vegan, gluten-free, weight loss, running, etc.)
  • Comments

    Kristin said…
    I think from the pics I like A better but they're very similar, hard to be sure! I wear glasses with contacts for skiing and running in the rain. I haven't used them for a few months, I'm lazy and it's so easy to throw on the glasses! I have about 4 "good" pair and one light, cheap, bendy pair from Costco that I wear for working out and playing.
    Kristin said…
    Just to clarify, I don't wear the glasses WITH the contacts, that was very poor use of punctuation! :)
    liz said…
    I love B. I think that since the rims are thinner they work with your light hair and complexion and for some reason they seem to frame your face better!
    I've worn glasses since grade-school but feel as though I can see better with contacts, plus wearing my glasses makes me fill like I'm sick at home or something. I also want to get some new frames to try and change that!
    Lindsey said…
    My opinion is A, but both are super-cute. I have a non-nerdy backup pair for mornings and evenings, but contacts pretty much rule my life (I agree with Liz on the "sick at home" feeling). We rely on a weekly veggie box from a local farm instead of farmer's market - fits our style better I suppose. But man, if our FM had a rack of baked goods like that I'd go every week for sure!
    Amber said…
    I need to start wearing my glasses more often. I used to wear them to school almost every day but now I barely ever wear them to work. I am a huge fan of my glasses, they are half-thick framed.

    I think I like the thicker framed glasses on you but that's just my personal preference - I'm a fan of thick framed glasses :)
    I like A a little better, but I think they're both cute and quite similar! I wear contacts when I go out, but glasses at night or when I'm home working. I got glasses I actually love a couple years ago, but I still don't feel totally comfortable going out in them... I wish I did!!

    Sues
    Run Jess Run said…
    I like B better! I wear contacts and glasses and have since 5th grade. I'm quite near-sighted!
    Anonymous said…
    They're both cute and quite similar, but I like A better :) So far, I haven't had to wear either (glasses/contacts), but I feel like it's just a matter of time...

    Is there bike theft in your city?? I'd hate to worry about that, too. We don't take our road bikes out for "leisure" b/c of that, but around here it's not so much of an issue b/c Everyone has nice bikes :) (DC - different story). Either way, a "Cruiser" is on my wish list! I hear you can ride those sans-spandex and it's not as traumatizing, ha.
    Gracie said…
    B, the taper at the corners works better with your face shape. I'd wear them (and my face shape is a lot like yours!)!
    Raquelita said…
    Their both really fantastic pairs, so you won't go wrong either way. However, I prefer B - the shape suits your face soooo well! I have contacts that I wear most of the time, but I also wear my glasses fairly frequently, especially for teaching or long hours in the library or the archives.

    I went to my Farmers' Market with a friend yesterday. We walked since it's only about 4 blocks from my house. My scores: sweet peppers, yellow beans, golden tomatoes, and a melon. (We still had corn and basil left from the previous week's market.)
    siri said…
    Why is this even a question? B it better by like a million. They're super cute on you.

    But in other news...why haven't you sent out that box yet, missy?!?! Jump on that, pronto!
    It's interesting to read that everyone has a different favorite. I was sure A would win by a landslide! I think they both look great on you but I think the shape of A is just a tish more flattering.

    I also wear contacts & glasses. I rarely wear glasses, though. In college, I wore them out to the bar one night and one of my best friends swore she didn't recognize me... so she jokingly referred to me as "Marian the Librarian" when I'd wear them. Well, this week I was just having one of those cranky days and my contacts weren't feeling so great in the eyes, so I wore my glasses to work and I got a bunch of compliments on them. So I guess I need to wear them more often...

    I hope your 20 miler went well today! I did 18 this morning and it went really, really well! :)
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Great to hear the comments and everyone's reasoning for their preference. It's crazy how diff people look with glasses on.

    Siri-I've just been so behind and busy and out of town each weekend. I did email kim last week though thanking her for her box and letting her know i'd be sending mine soon (aka this week).

    Popular Posts