Let the White Out!

This is one of those outfits that is just comfortable yet casual enough for my liking. And, it's kind of fun so I thought I'd show it to you guys. P.S. Argyle is one of those patterns I'm simply in love with no matter what.

Let's be honest. I wait for Memorial Day quite patiently so that I can finally pull out these comfy cute JCrew crops. Are you a white wearing waiter like me?

And these shoes are dressy and comfortable to wear all day long. I bought them on a whim a few years back at Macy's. The salesman asked me what the occasion was. I just scoffed at him and said "Nothing! I just want them." Men...

Tonight, I'm off to see Sex and the City 2! I've heard both bad and good, but I still want to see it. I was HUGE into SATC in college (read: stayed up many a late night just to watch episode after episode). I liked the first movie, but didn't think it was GREAT. After all, what two hour movie can sum up 94 episodes??

A little of this, a little of that...
The NCAA Track and Field Championships are in town this week so I'm seeing lots of visiting runners on the trails, around town and hanging around Hayward Field. It's not quite like the Olympic Trials we had, but still exciting.

The taper for my half marathon this Saturday is going moderately decent so far. The eight miler on Sunday was a little fast for my legs it seems. Last night I did a sluggish three miles on Pre's trail.

My quads are feeling some soreness so last night while watching The Bachelorette, I had manfriend use the stick to inflict some pain get some of the junk out. Other than that, I've been biking a little more this past week or so just randomly (to work, to a friend's house, to manfriend's bike race), which is pretty much a cardinal sin for tapering. Oh well.

Does anyone else use the runner stick? It seriously works. I know you might see it at expos and think "Um, no I'm not spending $30 on a plastic thing with handles." But you should. Trust me.

Comments

Amber said…
I had on a VERY similar outfit to you today! Beige capris, a black and grey cardigan/sweater thing and cute sandals!

LOVE those sandals by the way!!!

I hope you enjoy SATC2, I did! I was a HUGE FAN of the first movie though, the 2nd one is a lot more lighthearted!
Anonymous said…
Oh I just busted out the white jeans yesterday!
I usually wait until after Memorial Day to wear white as well. I haven't worn any white pants yet, though. That outfit is adorable. I also a lover of argyle!

I loved the first SATC and I enjoyed the 2nd. I didn't like it nearly as much as the first one but it was still good.

Oh, and I do not even know what a running stick is! Must look into this!
Anonymous said…
What did you think of the movie??

I'm not a white-wearing waiter, ha, I break the rules as soon as it's warm enough that it seems appropriate ;)

are you going for a PR this weekend?? AFter all your epic bike rides, i'm sure a few here/there aren't killing the legs too bad this week ;) heh
David H. said…
I use The Stick too - definitely worth it!
Gracie said…
You look adorably preppy. I love the crisp look of white slacks, and pairing the crops with the sweater looks like you might be planning on having cocktails on a boat deck after work. Charmed!

Popular Posts