Weekend forecast doesn't look good...

Happy Easter weekend! Aren't you just so excited for your sunny relaxing weekend? Um, yeah...not here! Hope you east coasters enjoy the sun (and apparently Iowa too).

Here, we have this to look forward to...

Apparently Spring is coming in like a lion. Anywho, rain and cold won't stop this duathalon! I've got my pants, tri shorts, jersey, arm warmers, thin jacket, shoe covers, gloves, shoes and helmet packed. Basically, I'm ready to run or ride in whatever this weather wants to throw at me. I'd prefer not to wear it all so let's not get too crazy out there, okay rain?

Tonight, manfriend and I are headed up to Ptown where we'll grab a bite to eat at a yummy pizza place (I haven't chosen yet exactly where, but you'll be sure to get the scoop). Then we'll stay at my friend J's house (who is also doing the race). We'll wake up not too early and get to the race around 9am which will give us plenty of time to get ready for our 10am start.

Today is a REST day and these legs are happy about that. Not a single bit of working out other than a measly 10 min walk with the dog. I did an easy 4.5 miles on the trail last night and the legs were just saying "please stop." the entire time.

Okay, hope you all have fun weekend plans! Manfriend and I are foregoing my family Easter brunch and semi church service that my grandpa does to have a brunch for two that does not include 45 min of driving each way. Part of me feels guilty for not following family tradition, but part of me is relieved we won't be driving the entire weekend. Doing anything special for the holiday?

Comments

Amber said…
I would be the same way! It's nice to spend time with family but the travel is totally tedious!!

Hope the weather clears up for you soon. It's yucky up here too :S
Hope the weather works out ok for you! It has been gorgeous in Minneapolis lately but I think we are getting rain this weekend. I am in the Chicago area celebrating Easter weekend at my brother's. I think it will rain here tomorrow. Which I am ok with since I didn't bring my running shoes on this trip.

I think it's great that you & the Manfriend will celebrate Easter together w/ a brunch on your own. It is really nice to not travel for holidays sometimes.
Anonymous said…
Agh, not a good race forecast! Hope you guys aren't freezing right now...oof!

No easter plans here; I'd have to fly across the country to follow family traditions (in NM)...never happens :) we're relaxing and enjoying the sun and a 3 day weekend (had friday off!).

good luck today!!

Popular Posts