I don't know what it is.

I don't know why, but for some reason I've been totally wiped this afternoon. Meanwhile, manfriend is having himself a serious hayday outshining me by cutting down all the bushes in front of the house, mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, picking up dog doo from the yard, you name it!

This morning I woke up, read some of my latest Real Simple, started the coffee and made pumpkin oats. A while later, manfriend and I agreed we wanted donuts, but I said we could only if we walked. The donut shop is just about a mile away, but the temp was around 35 F (albeit sunny) at 9am. He obliged and we walked the dog there and back.

Shortly after, I headed out for a brisk 3.5 mile run before showering and heading to meet my Big Brothers Big SIsters youth for bowling and some park play time. Looking back, none of those things really should have been exhausting, but who knows. Later this afternoon, my parents were in town so we met them for a late lunch. It's always good to see the parents!

After we left, I could barely stay awake. I pretty much fell into the bed and didn't move for 35 min. I awoke to find the previously mentioned yard work completed and I still feel kind of comatose. I'm thinking last nights 25 mile hilly ride took more out of me than I expected...or just the combination of that and my entire day. Who knows!

Now I'm just sitting here wondering a) how I'm going to find the energy for a fabulous girls night b) what the heck I'm going to wear (we're supposed to dress up 'cougarish'-ha!) and c) how that 10 miler will go tomorrow morning with K.

Anyone have a great wake up trick that works for you? I tried making a green monster smoothie and that didn't do it. Plus, it was kind of gross. Okay, wish me luck! I'm off in search of some caffeine and a 'cougar' costume.

Comments

I think we all have days like that where we just feel wiped out for no good reason. I hate that feeling of being just lethargic and tired! Hopefully you found the perfect outfit to perk you up!
Anonymous said…
Running takes so much out of me! Good luck w/ your 10 miles tomorrow :)
My outfit wasn't too cougarish. We all just decided to keep it classy. ;) Pictures to come.

Popular Posts