A Breakfast Special

This morning I woke up a bit early to head down to the corner market for a gallon of milk. I've been wanting to make quiche for the last week or so and Thursday seemed just as good a day as any!

I combined chopped red and green bell peppers, onion, a few slices of deli turkey and a few sprigs of broccoli. Then added bisquick, cheese, eggs, milk and spices. After mixing together you simply pour it all into the greased cupcake tins. I found my recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, but you can also google crustless quiche for similar recipes.

I cooked these babies for just 20 min and voila! That's the great part about the cupcake quiche...a much shorter baking time compared to a full dish quiche. These make for a great snack to fuel your hard workout or just a random Thursday work day!

In other news, the sun is coming out today! It should be around 60 degrees tonight for our SPEED workout. Happy tax day!

Comments

siri said…
So is the Bisquit included in the eggy part of the quiche, or does it play the roll of crust?
It plays the roll of crust to keep everything together. Otherwise, recipes that call for a pie crust don't usually ask for a flour/bisquick substance in them.
Anonymous said…
those are so cute!! I love this idea, I've seen it in the food blogs a few times and always thought how easy and delicious it looks.... this confirmed my theory ;) now I'm craving some eggs.
I am always so impressed with your week day breakfasts (and all of your cooking/baking, really). Looks yummy! I love quiches. I have to settle for crustless ones since I can't have wheat, and it's just not the same!!

Popular Posts