Fun Fact Friday

Nothing special going on around here. Had a tough Thursday night run with the group. We did a few mile repeats at tempo and 10K paces. These legs were not feeling it after a two mini runs on Wed, but I survived!

On to Fun Fact Friday...

1. I have two younger brothers. One is just two years younger, which made it nice because we grew up together and did a lot of the same things (band, sports, lots of studying). The other is 10 years younger and no, he wasn't an accident. He's turning 17 next month and I can hardly believe it. He's nothing like the other brother. He's kind of a rebel, doesn't care about homework and doesn't see the value of college...yet. Alas, I love them both.

2. I'm a jewelry snob and yet, I really don't have much jewelry. Ironic, no? Not really...I'm picky and jewelry is expensive so I rarely bite the bullet. Although I do have a few pieces in mind from JessLC when that tax refund comes back to me!

3. My family never went on a family vacation on a plane together. My parents really liked the whole road trip in a mini van idea. UGH! Needless to say, I love to fly. My mom flew for the first time since she was 13 with me to my very first 1/2 marathon in Nashville!

4. I'm really craving a donut today. Who cares about bikini bodies anyway?? ;)

5. I woke up at 4:11 am and never went back to sleep. I hate bad nights of sleep. Luckily, they're very rare for me.

6. I just started mentoring for the local chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters. I'm hanging out with my youth for the first time this weekend!

Okay, I better get going with my morning to do list (trash, dog walking, pushups, breakfast, etc)! I have a fun list of things planned this weekend, including a bike ride, a girls night and a long run. Have an awesome weekend. What are your top three Fun Friday Facts?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, Love the last one!! I hope the first visit goes well with the little one :)

Donut? mmmm. Now I want one, gracias ;)

have a good wkend!
I hate nights where I wake up like that and can't get back to sleep. Happened all the time in my last job.

Our family also never flew anywhere together. There were 5 kids, though, so I guess that is why. So my first plane trip was the summer after my Freshman year of college! Now I fly all the time!
Amber said…
Your youngest brother is the same age as my little brother. Such an annoying age. I have hopes he'll get better and smarter as he gets older - I did so I have high hopes for him ;)

We rarely flew anywhere either, mostly because my mom HATES flying!

Thats' very cool that you're starting mentoring youth! Let us know how it goes!
Jess LC said…
Thanks for the shout out about my jewelry :).

Have a great weekend!
Run Jess Run said…
Speaking from a teacher's point of view, 17 is MUCH better to deal with than 14.

Popular Posts