Outta the way, slow rider coming through!

This morning I headed off at 8:30 am to meet a local group for a 9am ride that was flat and about 35 miles. We meet at a park before the group pedals away at all sorts of speeds.

Within a few miles, I was dropped from the front pack, but luckily caught a couple I know from running. While the rest of the group went 18 mph or so, we rode at our pedestrian 15-16 mph. Although it frustrated me that I can't keep up with the main pack, I know that it simply means I need to continue riding regularly to build my cycling muscles. Plus, I had a nice ride and got to chat with two friends so it wasn't that bad.

I got home with 40 miles under my wheels. Then I took the dog for a nice walk/run in the sun.

In other news, last night the runners met for happy hour and then headed to the Banff Mountain Film Festival. The videos were completely amazing. If the festival is coming to your city, I HIGHLY recommend snagging a ticket.

My favorite by far was Rowing the Atlantic with Roz Savage. Click on the link to watch the short preview of her story.

"A few years ago, Roz Savage gave up what for many would be an ideal life (husband, great job, big house), picked up a few pairs of rowing oars and a boat to go with them and set off across the Atlantic Ocean — alone — in a rowboat." -Banff Film Fest

Has anyone ever been to a Banff film fest? Well, I'm off to tend to dinner. My crock pot just dinged so that means it's time to add the bbq sauce to our pulled pork! Yum.

Easiest recipe ever (thanks to Kristin @ IowaGirlEats)...crock pot, pork shoulder, dried onion soup mix, 1/4 cup balsamic and 1/2 cup water. Add bbq sauce afterward. Do you know an easier recipe that gives so much in return? I know I sure don't!

Comments

Yum - I love pork shoulder. My brothers are master grillers and make one every summer in their smoker. So I go 9 months, craving it! I need to just make it on my own in the crockpot like you did!

Well done on the 40 miles on the bike!
Anonymous said…
40 miles sounds like a good workout to me ;) I'm anxious to see what kind of "speed" I'll be going - certainly not 18 mph, heh. geeeze. You'll be up there with them soon enough, especially once those marathon muscles start coming back :)

Popular Posts