Behold a new couch

I'm blogging straight from our new couch and it feels amazingly comfortable next to the old pathetic couch. Take a gander...

When it first arrived this morning, I wasn't sure it was the color we ordered. After careful inspection and the lamps on, I think it's the same color, but I'm not in love with it. I thought we were getting more of a tan color and this girl is picky about her browns (i.e. I used to HATE all shades of brown).

My favorite part is the pillows. I love the modern print we picked out with its calming colors.

Manfriend likes the color, but I'm still wavering. The room is small and dark so I think that's one thing making it look so different from what we picked out in the store. Perhaps I was a little color blind the day we chose the fabric?

I skipped tonight's run because the legs just weren't feeling the pounding. Instead, I did a fabulous Biggest Loser workout that had me sweating bullets. Then I moved on to 20 min of spinning on the trainer and another 10 of easy yoga. All of it combined felt easier than any easy run I could have done.

In other news, be careful when starting your dishwasher that nothing plastic has fallen to the bottom! We just noticed a funny smell coming from the kitchen and I discovered a plastic spatula melting on the heating element in the bottom of the dishwasher. FAIL.

Comments

I think the new couch looks great! I bet the lighting was different in the store so that might be why it looks different? I hate when that happens. Had that problem w/ paint that I picked out for my kitchen.
Amber said…
Oh I like the new couch! It looks VERY comfy!

I've SO had a container fall into the bottom of my dishwasher and be ruined before :S
Danielle said…
I would try switching your light bulbs to a full spectrum bulb or one of those soft blue bulbs that filters yellows. It will change the color in the room and you might find it's closer to your liking. Enjoy!
liz said…
The couch looks fantastic, the pillows really lighten it up!
Thanks all. The couch is growing on me. I can't WAIT to take a nap on it.

Popular Posts