What I'm Lovin' Wednesday

Wednesday calls for a fun list, don't you think?!

Here's What I'm Lovin' this Week...

Crock pot meals 
Last week it was chili and this week it was a mixture of organic chicken breast, black beans, salsa, onion, diced tomatoes, green pepper, brown rice and spices. 


Recipe was inspired by Peanut Butter Runner. If you haven't checked out her blog, you should. She posts some great food and talks about her yoga teaching and crossfit training. 

Random tidbit: If I had a few extra grand laying around, I would love to get yoga teacher certified...someday!

Nails that haven't been bit in a few weeks! Halleluiah!
Don't mind my wrinkly ole hands. ;)


For some reason, I bite my left hand nails, but leave the right ones alone. But I've resisted the awful habit the past few weeks. Painting my nails makes them easier to leave alone.

New Pink Shoes (Keen - Sienna MJ Canvas)


Oh and this is my new commuter bike. It's approx. 5,000 times better than my old Yukon Giant that weighed probably 35 lbs. 

Olympic Lawns

Totally random, but when my friend Sarah and I were on a walk during lunch, we passed this scene where they had planted the Olympic rings into their lawn. Talk about dedication.

Only in Tracktown, USA. 

Healthy Muffins

These Oh She Glows chocolate zucchini walnut muffins are no joke. I made some last night and added extra zucchini, a handful of blueberries and a scoop of protein powder - perfect for breakfast or a snack. With all the zucchini coming out of my garden and from friends, you've got to get a little creative with using them up!

Your turn - What are you Lovin' this Week?

Comments

Amber said…
I am SO bad for biting my nails. I have the grossest nails ever. I kept them painted leading up to the wedding to attempt to grow them out a bit!

Cute pink shoes!
Cynthia said…
Oh my goodness, I love the Keens!! How are they to wear without socks? I always freak out about my feet sweating and shoes rubbing, so always end up avoiding buying anything that would necessitate I go sockless...hence limiting my footwear choices quite a bit (especially since I already have crazy large feet!). But I love those (but probably in khaki...not nearly as fun)!
J said…
I am planning on doing a zucchini recipe post soon cause I have been on the hunt for them since it is prime season!! I should really use my crock pot more in the summer! I just never think of it! You inspired me! I will have to do some chicken and beans and rice!
I am envious of the fact that you have zucchini growing in your garden! I LOVE zucchini. I am having some girlfriends over for dinner tomorrow and will be making a new recipe for zucchini boats w/ chicken sausage and red peppers. I hope it turns out!!

I am loving the fact that the weather has cooled down. I am loving that I had a mostly unplanned weekend last weekend. I am loving that my fall schedule is filling up with travel (for work) because I think it will be good for my career to be out of the office more and on the road w/ sales reps/clients.
Run Jess Run said…
Thanks for the salsa chicken recipe. That looks incredibly good!
Anonymous said…
That crockpot meal looks super yummy! I may have to make that soon! I love the pink shoes and I also ride a Specialized! :)
Your new commute bike is sweeet! Nice ride. :)

We just got a crockpot (random gift) and I'm so pumped to use it for some soups in a few months. Might be hitting you up for some recipe favorites!

Popular Posts