Taco Friday and a Boot Purchase

Manfriend requested tacos for Friday's dinner, so we busted out the works! Tacos are fun to make and look at, to me anyway. I bought organic beef, but felt like I would have rather had chicken or ground turkey. I just prefer the taste. What about you?

Besides the health factor, I realized sometime during college that I just didn't enjoy the taste of beef (or most red meats for that matter) so I stick with turkey and chicken most of the time. Next time, back to what I know and love.





Friday afternoon in these parts was absolutely gorgeous and hovering in the low 60s. Luckily, I had taken the afternoon off to just get away from work and do some errands. I had a bachelorette gift to buy, library books to check out, a doc appt, an umbrella purchase, and some boot shopping to do. I wasn't going to get another winter go by without getting some new boots!

Just a peek...can you guess what these babies are??

That's right, I broke down and bought me some Frye Harness boots. Absolutely heaven.



Ok, well I'm off to a Super Bowl party with manfriend and the runners! I'm bringing seven layer dip! I guess I'm on a taco kick. Yummers.

Comments

Amber said…
CUTE BOOTS! Omg, I love them. They are so nice and versatile, I bet they go with lots of outfits!

I LOVE Taco's but prefer them made with chicken or turkey also :-) I don't mind ground beef every once in a while though!
Love the boots! They are awesome!!

I had tacos on Saturday night! I made chicken - ended up baking bone-in chicken breasts in the oven, and then shredding the meat. It seems to shred more easily when I do the bone-in breasts v. boneless ones. I like ground beef tacos as well, but figured chicken would be a safer, more popular route for my party. Tacos are the best!! mmmmm!!
Anonymous said…
I always go with ground beef for tacos (93/7 Lean!) - mostly because I hardly ever eat red meat and know I need to get some good Iron in here and there :) but shredded chicken would be tasty too..mmmm, tacos - yum!

those boots are gorgeous!!! Sometimes you just have to splurge, and it's totally worth it ;)
I'm absolutely LOVING those boots!!! So cute!!

And tacos are definitely one of my favorite meals :)

Sues
Those are some badass boots. I recently convinced three of my British friends to buy cowboy boots. British guys wearing cowboy boot = Hilarious!
Danielle said…
Love the Frye! Now you can't give me too much crap for the Veronica's I was salivating all over. Can't wait to see you post some pics of how you're wearing those!

Popular Posts