These legs are pale.

I walked outside today in SHORTS at lunch because it just happens to be sunny and in the 50's here in Oregon. Not saying it was pretty (these legs are seriously pale), but I figured it couldn't hurt for Vitamin D consumption, know what I mean?! I walked myself right over to the gym, hopped on a bike for 10 min and then headed to the weight room for another 15.

Yesterday, I told you guys to do some weight lifting so I decided I should make use of that gym membership and pump some iron mid day! I've decided to hit the gym for a short weight session tomorrow as well because this girl needs to make sure she's getting her muscles where her money is. While I love not being tied to a machine, there's something splendid about walking into a place and sort of getting lost in time as you get your workout on.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just need the opportunity to zone out and not think too much about what I'm doing after a long stressful day at work. Tonight however, is not one of those nights. Tonight, involves the SPEED workout in which I have to push myself mentally and physically.

On the agenda coach has us doing:
warm up, strides, 2 mile @ tempo pace, 3 min rest, 2 mile @ tempo pace 2x200 @ 10k pace with 60 sec rest, cool down. Ugh.

Okay, so I like these "Ask me anything" posts that are bouncing around the blogosphere so I'm taking part. What are you just dying to know about me, the dog, my marathon training, Oregon, my obsession with dri fit and designer jeans, etc? Go ahead, ask away!

And on that note, is there something you'd like to see from the blog? A certain kind of post, a review, recommendations? Thanks a million! And if you're on twitter and we've yet to connect, hit me up @laurenpeters. I love my tweeps!

Comments

I love your blog as it is! :) All your posts great! I really like your food posts as your recipes look amazing!

My questions:

1. Are you from Oregon? If so, what area? And would you ever consider moving away?

2. Have you always been a runner?
liz said…
Hey thanks for your comment! It seems everyone is blogging about running, I guess it's a sign I should get back in the gym :) Hasn't the weather been lovely? I'm in Vancouver and am blissful with the bit of sunshine :)
Anonymous said…
Sunny? 50??? Shorts?!

I need to move to the West coast.

I like the balance of your posts - cooking/baking, running, life, work, etc. :) Questions...hmm....

Have you ever lived outside of Oregon? If you moved to the East Coast, where would you go/why?
Amber said…
I LOVE strength training again! I haven't really done it this week since I've been at home but until this last week I was doing it twice a week religiously!

It makes me feel so solid and strong!
siri said…
What!? A post title like that and then no photo to go with it? Show us some leg!

-Siri Mom
Thanks for all the questions! I'll answer them soon. Siri, sorry to disappoint you with no leg photo! Next time, next time. Man friend just suggested we shave his leg and take a photo of that. I vetoed the idea.

Popular Posts