Five Things Friday

1. I ate a burger this week. And it tasted really good. That's right, man friend and I went out for burger and a brew last night at new steakhouse we had yet to try. The burger was topped with bbq sauce, carmelized onions, and just a bit of cheese. I could feel the iron seeping into my bod after what was one of the hardest boot camp workouts yet. The vanilla porter I chose worked wonders with the bbq flavors. mm...M

2. Formspring. Buzz. No thank you. I don't need another time waster. Seriously, I was relieved when I could abandon myspace and not fall off the earth according to my friends. But between facebook, twitter and this blog, I have enough distractors in a day.

3. I'm making these babies for a fabulous little Valentine's Day dessert. Are you cooking/anything special for the day?

4. And on that note, even when I was sort of bah hum bug depressed about being single on Valentine's Day, I've always loved the holiday all the same. There's just something about a holiday that is celebrated by chocolate, flowers, lots of pink, hearts and just plain love.

5. I'm putting a long run (9 mi?) on the books this weekend. Might even mix in some moments of tempo in there.

Thursday's SPEED workout:
I bundled up in long pants, long tech shirt, vest and a Smartwool beanie. I headed out before the group run to get an easy 15 min run in. Then, I met up with the group for the warm up. Back at the track, my calves were feeling uber sore from Wednesday's boot camp (i.e. sprinting in place, jump squats and other crazy things).

So, after strides, I chose the short workout of 5 x 800s (approx 7 min pace/3:30 per 800m) with 2 min rest in between each one. I took it easy because that's what the bod asked for and did an easy cool down. By the end, the rain and wind had pretty well soaked me. This girl was very happy to get home to a warm shower and some easily boiled ravioli! Man friend even snagged two snack size (1 portion each) containers of Haagen Dazs. Carmel for him and strawberry for her.

*And on a side note, sometimes The Office is so random I can only think "Um, what just happened there??" I hope no one's office is really like that...at all. Happy Friday everyone! I guess I should have really said Seven Things Fri bc that's what you ended up with. ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
ooh, those legs have gotten some tough workouts in this week! Nice work :) hope the 9-er goes well tomorrow!

I only have a buger every now and then, but mmm they taste good! I always justify it with "needing iron", too. :) heh.

have a good wkend!
Amber said…
Hahahaha oh The Office. I don't watch it NOW but I just finished the first five seasons!

Have a great long run!
Jen Feeny said…
Great job on the runs this week girl!!!

Every year for the past couple years, my friend Ebs and I have made it a tradition to have a nice dinner then have champagne and chocolate cake followed by a chick flick. Long live the tradition of V-Day with your bestest single girlfriends! Who says it's all about the couples?!?!

Have a fab weekend!!
Erica said…
The distractions really ARE endless, aren't they? Glad the burger was yummy and your vday treats sound just perfect! I'm actually cooking up a storm tonight because I'm having a birthday party for my husband! Thanks for the comment- I'm excited to read more on your blog. Good luck with the long run ;)
I have also always loved vday - boyfriend or not. I love pink and red and candy hearts. What's not to love about a holiday that celebrates all those things!!

Good luck w/ the long run! I just bought some new shoes - can't wait to try them out tomorrow!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts